• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Mens Golf Championships

Yep, 5 seed. FSU is loaded and a heavy favorite. It is basically FSU/GT at the top, and then everybody else is fairly even with the exception of BC/ND who are terrible.

Wake actually has a pretty solid adjusted stroke average. If a team other than FSU/GT is going to go low and compete with them I wouldn't be surprised at all for it to be Wake. On the flip side, it's just one tournament so it's difficult to gauge one way or the other. Hoping for a solid performance to get the right mindset going into regionals. And yeah BC and Notre Dame are horrible.

Does anyone know how Haas decides the players--is it based on qualifying this week, the past tournament results or his "gut" or some combination? I see that Stewart (a senior) and Waugh are not playing, and Tanner Owen is. Interesting. We have a really young team.

Wake actually has a pretty solid adjusted stroke average. If a team other than FSU/GT is going to go low and compete with them I wouldn't be surprised at all for it to be Wake. On the flip side, it's just one tournament so it's difficult to gauge one way or the other. Hoping for a solid performance to get the right mindset going into regionals. And yeah BC and Notre Dame are horrible.

Agreed, and I think a major x-factor is going to be Tanner Owen, hasn't played too much but got the nod over Woody Woodward who did not play well in the Yale Invitational last weekend. Owen is a local kid who has probably played the course a bunch over the years so hopefully he can score well.

Does anyone know how Haas decides the players--is it based on qualifying this week, the past tournament results or his "gut" or some combination? I see that Stewart (a senior) and Waugh are not playing, and Tanner Owen is. Interesting. We have a really young team.

Stewart withdrew from the tourney last weekend, so maybe he has an injury? I am not sure but it looks like he WD from the 2nd round, but played the 3rd round.

We just have not done well at this course in a long long time

Cyrus is hurt, hence why Tanner is in the lineup. Clancy struggling is a real surprise to me and has really hurt us this year. He won a freaking tournament last year and now can't get in the lineup.

Cyrus is hurt, hence why Tanner is in the lineup. Clancy struggling is a real surprise to me and has really hurt us this year. He won a freaking tournament last year and now can't get in the lineup.

Waugh has so much raw talent. He can absolutely crush the ball. Just has some mental lapses.

Did BC have a guy that overslept? It looks like their #2 never started, it is probably a scoring glitch, but the others in his group are posting scores.

Did BC have a guy that overslept? It looks like their #2 never started, it is probably a scoring glitch, but the others in his group are posting scores.

Based on the scores, it looks like the other players on the team didn't get much sleep either.

Generally based on qualifying over the years. Not sure specifically this year.

Nothing quite like starting the tournament with a snowman if you're Patrick Hallisey from BC. Solid.

A lot of high scores so far. I think that's probably a reflection of the players and the course, but it will be something to monitor.

Tough course and the worst teams are out there now.

What's the weather like down there today? If it's a little windy there will be some high scores I would imagine. I think the team leader last year through two days was only -10 or something. We need a couple guys in the 60's.

About 60 degrees with little wind, great conditions today but it will be raining and in the 50's tomorrow.

Back