• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Mens Golf Championships

IMO not really. You have to play both sides eventually. I'd much rather go ahead and get the hard ones out of the way and then turn to the easy ones coming in. Gives you a shit ton of confidence if you play the hard side first and play it well because then at the turn you know you have a shot at going low. I highly doubt that they were even thinking about it.

I disagree. Seeing half the field go out in red numbers while you're getting kicked in the teeth for nine holes can definitely lead to some pressing on the "easy" side when you get there. I'm the opposite where I want the easy nine first to get some momentum going. Always feels easier IMO to tackle the hard holes after building some momentum than going straight into the fire.

I disagree. Seeing half the field go out in red numbers while you're getting kicked in the teeth for nine holes can definitely lead to some pressing on the "easy" side when you get there. I'm the opposite where I want the easy nine first to get some momentum going. Always feels easier IMO to tackle the hard holes after building some momentum than going straight into the fire.

Eh to each their own. I can see both sides, because if you start out with jitters and get kicked in the teeth it will kill confidence, It was never something that bothered me in tournament and was never really something that I thought about. I just realized that everybody was going to play every hole eventually. Also, they have no idea what the rest of the guys are doing because there aren't scoreboards. But I would agree on the potential that there could be pressing.

I haven't played Finley since the NC high school state tournament ( when all 4 classifications played together ), and I know there have been renovations, but the two 9's were not that different in terms of difficulty back in the day. Does anyone have any stats on the scores comparing the 2 nines? WFU should be ashamed in losing to reams like Charlotte. That's ridiculous . Hell, a WCU player made the NCAA finals as an individual .

He and Jay are playing in back to back groups. Both are T20. Very cool.

Birdied 18 for a 72 today and is +3 for the tournament. Currently sitting as the top club pro on the leaderboard.

Postscript: none of the five ACC teams made the final eight at the NCAA Championship. FSU turns in a particularly disappointing performance.

GT really tanked it too. Best player Ollie Schniederjans played awful and probably cost them a spot in the top 8. Bunch of upsets brewing today as Illinois and Vandy (top 2) in serious trouble.

GT really tanked it too. Best player Ollie Schniederjans played awful and probably cost them a spot in the top 8. Bunch of upsets brewing today as Illinois and Vandy (top 2) in serious trouble.

Illinois is rallying. Love that the Golf Channel is carrying so much of the event live!

lsu beats scal to win the natty championship.

Anyone see the douche from UGA whose move was to stand 5 feet away from his opponent while he was putting to try to intimidate him? Unreal. Taking the reigns from Patrick Reed I guess.

Anyone see the douche from UGA whose move was to stand 5 feet away from his opponent while he was putting to try to intimidate him? Unreal. Taking the reigns from Patrick Reed I guess.

I had a hard time focusing on the gawdawful shirts they were wearing.

Back