• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Offices moving to Charlotte?

Those new Charlotte offices will be empty come 2030 if they don't
^This. This move was likely inevitable, but if the ACC doesn't get its act together it won't matter what city they move to. They'll be a dead conference if they can't find some way to compete with the SEC and Big 10 in terms of revenue. Those new ACC Charlotte offices will be looking for new tenants in a few years if they don't.

Last edited:
I tell myself - ACC stays even if Clemson and some others go, but i becomes a lower division. The question will be will it only be football or will hoops go into different divisions.

If it becomes a lower division a move back to Greensboro at that time will be appropriate.

If it becomes a lower division a move back to Greensboro at that time will be appropriate.

Burlington may be a better choice. Closer to halfway between App and ECU. Similar distance from Charlotte too once the ACC unites the leftover NC FBS teams.

This whole thing has always been quite simple. Direct flights. End of story.

finally, we can leave the SEC behind since they're still in the shithole Birmingham
Except for the near fact that the SEC will be paying out near double the ACC when Texas & OU join the conference. $75-100 mill per school beats the hell out of our $38 mill. And we are now trying to join forces with PAC & B12 in some sort of crap deal to stay relevant. (Not to mention the $1 billion deal the B10 just signed.)

Except for the near fact that the SEC will be paying out near double the ACC when Texas & OU join the conference. $75-100 mill per school beats the hell out of our $38 mill. And we are now trying to join forces with PAC & B12 in some sort of crap deal to stay relevant. (Not to mention the $1 billion deal the B10 just signed.)
Do you just not have a sarcasm filter or what?

The SEC does this too…
Don’t see the SEC go 1-5 in non-con games on a single weekend. Usually just the lowly ACC does this of the P5. In fact by an overwhelming margin we are the only P5 to go on the road to schools like ODU, etc. article I read said you can take almost all the road games by the other P5’s to the homes of Group of Five combined and it is about equal to the ACC over the past few years. Shows are lack of power & negotiation prowess.

Back