• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Tournament discussion thread

Notre Dame basketball is a lottt different than Notre Dame football. They don't have that many basketball fans, the had like 500 people in Gboro, often have bad crowds for home games. They have one really top 75-100 recruit on their entire team (Jackson) and just came into Greensboro and beat Duke and UNC. Amazing really.

Definitely the highlight of the tournament.

Anyone else been leaving it on ESPN for the Pac 12 after the ACC games the past couple nights? Bill Walton is looney tunes

Yes and Yes. I think Bill and RJ were separated at birth.

Additional thought on the Pac 12 tourney. I've been to Vegas several times and enjoyed it. However, there's just something about having a college basketball tournament in Vegas that just cheapens things. But, I'm sure I'm in the minority with this opinion.

Last edited:
Yes and Yes. I think Bill and RJ were separated at birth.

Additional thought on the Pac 12 tourney. I've been to Vegas several times and enjoyed it. However, there's just something about having [anything but bachelor/bachelorette parties and prize fights] in Vegas that just cheapens things. But, I'm sure I'm in the minority with this opinion.

Edited for clarification.

Brice Johnson is a really good college basketball player.

Notre Dame's guys are a pretty likeable bunch.

And thanks to ESPN for listing dook, UNC, State with their all time ACCT Championship records then the 'rest' at 15. Not a huge slight but Wake has won 4 of those and IIRC only MD has 2.

FWIW, Notre Dame fans are an entirely different level of arrogant when they win. They are insufferable. In the Midwest everyone has two favorite teams. Their team and whoever is playing Notre Dame. Be glad Indiana is hundreds of miles from the Atlantic coast.

LMAO...people on this thread say the same thing about Duke, UNC and anyone who beats us! Back in the day when we were good, bet other fans said the same thing about us...nature of the beast....

I see the official talking points have been circulated within ESPN ranks. The latest I've heard twice during this Pac 12 game, by two different "reporters", is that Duke will be a #1 seed.

WTF?!?! They didn't win the ACC regular season nor did they sniff the ACCT championship! I guess just more of the same ol' shit in a new package.
Apparently, Virginia is just not a sexy sell to the trailer park demographic.

UVA has had a very solid season and I hate Duke as much/more than the next guy. But UVA has lost two of their last three and lost head to head to Duke at home. I don't follow all the advanced stats stuff but this isn't clearly Duke homerism.

Trust me I hate UNC but we're getting ready to have a champion who isn't even a member of the conference...and lost to the guy we had coaching us last year. I despise ND

Apparently you don't dude. There are no qualifiers, no 'but' statement after your original. No good standing Wake Forest Fan was cheering for anything but a ND victory last night.

Anyone else been leaving it on ESPN for the Pac 12 after the ACC games the past couple nights? Bill Walton is looney tunes

Watched til the half. Bill had no idea what planet he was on.

It's the substance and the delivery from Bill. It's like Lou Holtz and Cheech and Chong had a baby.

UVA has had a very solid season and I hate Duke as much/more than the next guy. But UVA has lost two of their last three and lost head to head to Duke at home. I don't follow all the advanced stats stuff but this isn't clearly Duke homerism.

Agree with this - similar resumes, Duke won the head-to-head, UVA is a team that is trending down right now. I have no problem with Duke getting a 1 over UVA, but after last night and if Wisconsin wins today, I think I'd put them both at 2 with UK, Nova, Wisconsin, and Arizona as the 1s.

Duke has no business being a #1 if Wisconsin wins today. I agree with the UK, Nova, Wis., and Arizona list.

As someone posted earlier, I frankly can't see how you can give a 1 seed to a team that won neither its conference regular season nor its conference tournament. Duke didn't even make the tourney finals. They're good, but I wouldn't give them a top seed if other teams have equal or better credentials.

I think I'd put Duke over Arizona, same amount of bad losses, but Duke has a much better resume. From all I've ever seen, conference championships don't impact top line seeding very much

Since the Gonzaga game first week of December Arizona has played 2 total games against Kenpom top 40 teams (Utah twice). They have 3 horrible losses. Schedule strength only 59. The Pac12 just kinda sucks.

Arizona is really really good (maybe top 3 best team?), but you aren't giving #1 seeds on team strength alone, you have to go with resume, and they just don't have resume strength in my opinion.

Back