• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Tournament discussion thread

I meant to post this the other day, but at the Wake - dook women's game last Thursday the Wake band played "Fat Bottom Girls" when dook cheerleaders were on the floor (actually, they had just finished their routine and were running off of the floor, but still...).

GT was 0-12 this season in ACC games that were 4 pts or less with a minute to play. 6 of them GT was tied or ahead.

I expect Gregory to be released. He had middle third talent and should have won 18 games or so, but couldn't win any close games almost all year. It obviously became a mental block by the end.
I don't expect GT to make a big name hire - Gregory's buyout is minimal ($650K) but they are still paying off Hewitt. I'd love to get one of Prohm/Miller/White. GT's AD had a strong hiring track record at Xavier (hired That Matta and Chris Mack and had a hand in bringing Sean Miller there), will be interesting to see who he hires.

RamblinRed

Clemson almost pulled an epic comeback on a statistically safe lead.

Clemson almost pulled an epic comeback on a statistically safe lead.

Hogewood said FSU has advanced to the quarters for the 9th straight year. Is that right, or were there some years in there where the quarters were their first game of the tournament?

Hogewood said FSU has advanced to the quarters for the 9th straight year. Is that right, or were there some years in there where the quarters were their first game of the tournament?

WF contributed to that streak in 2008, Dino's first year, when WF played FSU in the 8/9 game, and lost by double digits. BTW, that WF team had Teague, James Johnson and Ish, among others. On February 17 that year, WF beat Duke at home to improve to 16-8 (6-5) and looked to be heading into the NCAAs. The team then managed to lose 4 of its last 5 regular season games including a 22 point beat down at VT; after the FSU loss to open the ACC tourney, WF did not even pull an NIT invite (FSU did get one). Ouch.

Also, FSU has won their opening game in the ACC tournament 7 of the last 9 years, and has won the ACC tourney once (2012) and reached the finals one other year (2009, beating #1 UNC in the semis). Depressing to consider FSU's ACC tourney success as compared to WF over the last decade. Particularly, considering FSU fans apathy toward basketball.

Last edited:
Ugh, have already heard "Bad Losses: Wake Forest" in regards to State and Miami's resumes tonight.

How does State always have the ugliest uniforms? I still can't believe the warmups have hoods.

Back