• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Tournament Seeding and WF's Potential Opponents / Game Times

He won't be head coaching anymore in about 40 minutes. After Jamie Dixon left for TCU, Pitt destroyed their hoops program with the Stallings and Capel hires. Hard to believe that Pitt was a once proud hoops program.

After the lost decade, my favorite thing to tell opposing fans in Pitt's position is that their coach just needs more time and that the fanbase is being unreasonable.

Blowout. I am awful at gambling. Took the over in St. Mary's-Gonzaga if anyone wants to fade.

The first two matchups between the Zags and St. Mary's went under. Vegas wised up and dropped the total a ton. Even so, it may not be low enough if St. Mary's dictates tempo. FWIW, conference finals trend under as the teams are less likely to run a lot playing on consecutive days. That said, if the Zags get a lead, and St. Mary's has to score, the game could fly over.

Pitt has the look of a team that got absolutely wrecked in NYC last night. I think Hugley might puke here in a second.

My best estimate is there are 100 media here and 700 fans.

Dookies will turn out when they play. Cuse has a loyal fanbase in NYC even when they aren't very good. Otherwise, the seats in Brooklyn will be empty. FWIW, there would be no one at today's Pitt/BC game if its was played in Barclays, Greensboro, Charlotte, Pittsburgh or Boston College.

They should just host these play-in games at the lower seed's home court. They shouldn't count as ACC Tournament wins anyway, just waters down any sense of history teams and coaches have. Have them play Monday then have a normal single-bye tournament starting on Wednesday.

This shit is gross, makes the conference look like trash (even in good years), and saps the life out of the event.

Dookies will turn out when they play. Cuse has a loyal fanbase in NYC even when they aren't very good. Otherwise, the seats in Brooklyn will be empty. FWIW, there would be no one at today's Pitt/BC game if its was played in Barclays, Greensboro, Charlotte, Pittsburgh or Boston College.

people will turn out to see Spanky Boeheim's final game in the city

They should just host these play-in games at the lower seed's home court. They shouldn't count as ACC Tournament wins anyway, just waters down any sense of history teams and coaches have. Have them play Monday then have a normal single-bye tournament starting on Wednesday.

This shit is gross, makes the conference look like trash (even in good years), and saps the life out of the event.

it really does sap the life out. We WF fans know this as well as any fanbase.

The rivalry returns tomorrow at 2:30.

BC better not be finding a groove here.

Fortunately it appears no one person is on fire and carrying them. A team with player that catches fire scoring 25-30+ to me is much more scary than a team where each player just has 1-2 3s but no one dominating and being a go to person. Teams typically revert to their average so hoping a much different day tomorrow and that BC's effort today puts us on high alert to come out with intense D effort and insure they get back down to 25%.

Pitt has just completely given up. The end can't come soon enough for this squad. I remember feeling this way for years.

I agree.

It's crazy that 3 teams are eliminated 2 days before 4 teams play their first game.

Those teams were eliminated weeks ago.

Little bit of an overreaction from DCDeac since all the other giant conferences have a day like this too. We're not alone

Little bit of an overreaction from DCDeac since all the other giant conferences have a day like this too. We're not alone

Honestly, I don't care what other conferences do. Even when I ardently followed college basketball, I didn't watch other conference tournaments except maybe the Big East semis and championship and whatever championship game was on CBS before the selection show.

Certainly don't want to be overconfident, given our recent ACCT history, BC did win big but I felt it was more like Pitt having nothing. Pitt didn't score a basked for 9 min.

An 80-60 game would have been a bit more concerning. BD did take ND to OT on the road, that's they effort to worry about.

Back