• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Tournament

Anybody have a line on tickets? Will Wake be selling single game or just whole tournament books?

If anyone's interested in a full book of tickets in a suite with full food/booze for $3k feel free to pm me. Still have a few spots remaining.

When is the last time the 2nd to last team in the ACC won the ACC tournament?

Wake is selling both tournament books and individual game tickets for Tuesday. The Tuesday seats aren't the same as the rest of the books and have to be purchased separately. Should be a pretty sparse turn out on Tuesday. Wake will likely be eliminated 56-58 hours before the 3 seed ever plays a game. That's sad.

OP needs to mark this "NWT."

Why would anyone from Winston-Salem go to this game? If you live in NOVA/DC and haven't seen a Wake game in a few years, maybe, but unless you are either keeping a personal ACCTs attended streak alive or a masochist, why go? doesn't make any sense.

Some people are just big basketball fans and love the ACC Tournament. Once Wake's eliminated and you get into Thursday to Saturday it should be great basketball. The ACC has 10 of the top 50 teams in college basketball.

2004 was the last great tournament. Went out with a bang with 9 teams. Will never be the same again

So true. The ACC Tournament used to be the one time that my high school teachers would let us listen to games in class. We would all rush home after school and watch games all evening Friday and Saturday. It's such a shitshow now.

I remember driving up to DC a few years back and before arriving, Maryland had been eliminated. The good ole days. Yes, we were eliminated in the first round. The same good ole days.

If you don't like the ACCT as formatted just pretend it starts Thursday and ignore the first two days. Of course this does mean that you'll never see Wake play and I agree part of the draw was that every team played on Friday (with the exception of play-in game loser(s) over the last decade or so of the 9 team ACC).

Yeah the last time it was in DC, Maryland lost to Clemson in the opening game and everyone in the stadium sans the three sections of Maryland students in the end zone and Maryland fans were pulling for Clemson because it was shortly after Williams had bitched again about how Maryland would have more titles if they had played every game in or near their home state (in reference to why Duke/UNC had won so many ACCT's in NC).

Some people are just big basketball fans and love the ACC Tournament. Once Wake's eliminated and you get into Thursday to Saturday it should be great basketball. The ACC has 10 of the top 50 teams in college basketball.

That's fair, but the last several tournaments (everything from the time it was shipped to Florida and back) have lacked the buzz from the old days. Basically, get off my lawn.

Sure it's a better buzz and atmosphere in Greensboro no doubt. Mainly because there are more fans of ACC basketball in close proximity. The novelty of Brooklyn plus the number of ACC grads who live in the New York area (and to some extent down to Philly and up to Boston) should ensure that ticket sales are pretty good. It will be interesting to see how the atmopshere compares to that of Greensboro and to a lesser extent other locations like DC and Atlanta.

Sure it's a better buzz and atmosphere in Greensboro no doubt. Mainly because there are more fans of ACC basketball in close proximity. The novelty of Brooklyn plus the number of ACC grads who live in the New York area (and to some extent down to Philly and up to Boston) should ensure that ticket sales are pretty good. It will be interesting to see how the atmopshere compares to that of Greensboro and to a lesser extent other locations like DC and Atlanta.

Rotating is good for the league, but it should never be outside of NC in consecutive years. Atlanta/GBO/DC/GBO/Miami/GBO/Boston/CLT/NYC/GBO/Philly/GBO/repeato

Rotating is good for the league, but it should never be outside of NC in consecutive years. Atlanta/GBO/DC/GBO/Miami/GBO/Boston/CLT/NYC/GBO/Philly/GBO/repeato

I think this is fair. The current rotation of DC/Brooklyn/Brooklyn is odd I agree. ACC probably trying to make a push to establish Brooklyn as THE place with the occasional trip back down to Greensboro/Charlotte. I hope that's not the case but it certainly could be on the horizon.

I think this is fair. The current rotation of DC/Brooklyn/Brooklyn is odd I agree. ACC probably trying to make a push to establish Brooklyn as THE place with the occasional trip back down to Greensboro/Charlotte. I hope that's not the case but it certainly could be on the horizon.

You can tell ACC Friday was a special day because it made you enjoy a trip to....Greensboro.

If anyone's interested in a full book of tickets in a suite with full food/booze for $3k feel free to pm me. Still have a few spots remaining.

We met once the Masters, correct?

That should be enough to send those puppies my way. :couch:

Saw your CL ad. Was planning on sending a lowball $100 offer on Thursday night. Winning strategy?

Nostalgia aside, the main reason the ACC Tournament sucks these days is because Wake Forest sucks.

If we were a top 4 seed, I'd still be very excited about it.

Nostalgia aside, the main reason the ACC Tournament sucks these days is because Wake Forest still sucks.

If we were a top 4 seed, I'd still be very excited about it.

Yep- too many years of irrelevancy- and still counting. :(

Remember the days when every team got an equal amount of tickets, and you had to have a very high ranking in the Deacon Club to be allowed to purchase a limited amount. Would be very interested in knowing how many WF actually sells this year, when anybody with the money can get them.

Back