• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Tourney Championship Will Now Be Played on Saturday Night

Wait, people are upset with this? I always thought squeezing in the ACC final before the selection show on a Sunday was pretty terrible. Bad for attendance, tv ratings, and exposure for the league. When you travel you're leaving bags at a hotel having already checked out and your exit schedule sucks, plus you're watching tourney seeding on a runway somewhere or from a car.

Top 8 in the tourney should definitely happen though. Would be so much better. Play-in games counting as "ACC Tournament Wins" are a farce.

Agreed on counts. I think I'd like to see it cut to 8 teams, or have the "play-in" games on campuses at the higher seed. Who is going to travel and go to all games Tuesday through Sunday? Place will be virtually empty until Thursday.

Why should you even have a chance to play for the conference championship if you can't finish in the top 8?

Wait, people are upset with this? I always thought squeezing in the ACC final before the selection show on a Sunday was pretty terrible. Bad for attendance, tv ratings, and exposure for the league. When you travel you're leaving bags at a hotel having already checked out and your exit schedule sucks, plus you're watching tourney seeding on a runway somewhere or from a car.

Top 8 in the tourney should definitely happen though. Would be so much better. Play-in games counting as "ACC Tournament Wins" are a farce.

DON'T YOU RAIN ON [Redacted]'S PARADE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for tv, but bad for the fan experience imo.

Exactly. But a 16 team ACC is also bad for the fan experience. The best days of the ACC Tournament are long over. No more magic of traveling in for the weekend with a truly great fan experience. I'm happy we didn't end up like the Big East and get completely decimated.... ACC is doing what it needs to do to survive.

Back