• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Accidental Racist"

DoubleDeacNC

Reaction score
This topic has been blowing up parts of the internet this afternoon, and I didn't see a thread. Apparently Brad Paisley's new CD which is supposed to come out tomorrow has a song called "Accidental Racist" on it. It's got cross-genre appeal (confusion? disgust?) since it's a duet with L.L. Cool J.

Here are some gems

Paisley: "Tryin' to understand what it's like not to be / I'm proud of where I'm from"
LL: "If you don't judge my gold chains" ...
Paisley: "But not everything we've done"
LL: "I'll forget the iron chains" ...

Paisley: "I'm just a white man"
LL: "If you don't judge my do rag"
Paisley: "Comin' to you from the southland"
LL: "I won't judge your red flag" ...

My favorite tweet I've seen so far about it:

Patton Oswalt ‏@pattonoswalt
Dear @alyankovic: "Accidental Racist" is the DEFINITION of a "Glengarry lead."

"If you don't judge my gold chains / I'll forget the iron chains" might be the worst rap lyric of all time.

the worst rap lyric of all time is R.I.P Robert E. Lee/But I've gotta thank Abraham linlon for freeing me.

there is no contest.

Of all the shitty pop music pop country is the WORST. How does anyone listen to that shit?

the worst rap lyric of all time is R.I.P Robert E. Lee/But I've gotta thank Abraham linlon for freeing me.

there is no contest.

just spit coffee on the diner counter... that can't be real.

Just listened to it....and I think Brad Paisley and LL Cool J have succeeded in bringing together blacks and whites in one collective, cohesive WTF.

This topic has been blowing up parts of the internet this afternoon, and I didn't see a thread. Apparently Brad Paisley's new CD which is supposed to come out tomorrow has a song called "Accidental Racist" on it. It's got cross-genre appeal (confusion? disgust?) since it's a duet with L.L. Cool J.

Here are some gems

Paisley: "Tryin' to understand what it's like not to be / I'm proud of where I'm from"
LL: "If you don't judge my gold chains" ...
Paisley: "But not everything we've done"
LL: "I'll forget the iron chains" ...

Paisley: "I'm just a white man"
LL: "If you don't judge my do rag"
Paisley: "Comin' to you from the southland"
LL: "I won't judge your red flag" ...

Facepalm

"If you don't judge my gold chains / I'll forget the iron chains" might be the worst rap lyric of all time.

Facepalm

Facepalm

"The relationship between the Mason-Dixon needs some fixin'."

Facepalm

Love these lyrics. Been singing them all day, even though I've never heard the tune.

I've said it all along pop country and rap are one in the same.

Bragging how hood one is...bragging how country one is...

Poser gangster...poser good ol' boy

Overproduced product....overproduced product...

And record executives laugh all the way to the bank

I've said it all along pop country and shitty rap are one in the same.

Bragging how hood one is...bragging how country one is...

Poser gangster...poser good ol' boy

Overproduced product....overproduced product...

And record executives laugh all the way to the bank

Fixed.

There's shitty rap and good rap, just like there's shitty country and good country.

I played this for my wife last night without any set up, and she started laughing after hearing the first line. After about a minute she said, "This is a joke, right?"

Nope. It's proof that we are living in an idiocracy.

Back