• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Accidental Racist"

Indeed. Seriously, modern country, WTF?

Country music cannot be parodied. Think of the most ridiculous, over the top lyric for a parody country song and I will show you a more ridiculous song already written with a straight face.

There's shitty rap and good rap, just like there's shitty country and good country.
And then there's shitty rap-country like Jason Aldean's been trying to do. I present "1994" for consideration into the Hall Of Awful Fucking Music.

By the way, almost every video of the song that has been posted to YouTube has been removed.

They claim it's for copyright issues. I think they're ashamed.

GjxXUpv.gif

This is a pretty terrible song but what's awesome about it is the white people outrage.

So I actually listened to this song. Seems like a sincere attempt by a white country artist to address issues of race from his perspective with a fair response from a prominent black artist. This song should be promoting dialogue instead of mockery. Perhaps the mockery is an attempt to avoid the conversation. It's not a good song, but on par with any country/hip-hop collaborations I've heard before.

So I actually listened to this song. Seems like a sincere attempt by a white country artist to address issues of race from his perspective with a fair response from a prominent black artist. This song should be promoting dialogue instead of mockery. Perhaps the mockery is an attempt to avoid the conversation. It's not a good song, but on par with any country/hip-hop collaborations I've heard before.

HEY DON'T DISPARAGE OVER AND OVER AGAIN LIKE THAT!

I wish I hadn't brought it up. I tried to listen to it and I got a few seconds in and realized I had forgotten how catchy it is. Now it's "all in my head".

i'm shocked that country/hip-hop collaborations suck

HEY DON'T DISPARAGE OVER AND OVER AGAIN LIKE THAT!
Damn it! I think about it over and over again, I replay it over and over again, I think about it over and over again, I replay it over and over again, I think about it over and over again, I replay it over and over again, I think about it over and over again, over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, over and over again, I can't keep picturing you with him and it hurts so bad.

Unrelated to the central topic of this thread, but I imagine that Miranda Lambert is a demon in the sack.

Perhaps the mockery is a way to avoid the conversation. Or, maybe people mock the song because it a piss poor, if sincere, attempt to promote dialogue. It's a crap song, you said it yourself.

Besides, these guys are late to the party. Nothing they sing/rap about wasn't already covered by Jon and David on Real World: Los Angeles back in 1993.

Back