• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

According to Dan

BudatWake

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
Tanner says we just didn't show up! Just didn't want it! Golly have we heard that before. I am like Dan, how do you not show up today-- a game you need to get bowl eligible. What kind of staff does not get the players ready to play? Oh wait a minute we have heard that for a few years from the basketball program.:tard:

Tanner says we just didn't show up! Just didn't want it! Golly have we heard that before. I am like Dan, how do you not show up today-- a game you need to get bowl eligible. What kind of staff does not get the players ready to play? Oh wait a minute we have heard that for a few years from the basketball program.:tard:

This is why Grobe has to go. He believes that when we lose we just aren't trying hard enough and apparently hammers that away with the players. It's a piece of shit move and I'm just sick of it. They all need to go.

We've heard that one in November for many years.

$2 million/year and people just don't show up. Nice.

Everybody GTFO!
180592_106740179402916_7816200_n.jpg

If I was a coach and a player made that statement it would be a long time before he saw the field again.

If I was an Athletic Director and players have been saying things like that for years, I'd make sure the coach knows his players better look prepared on the field, play hard on the field, and never say BS like that off the field.

If I was a coach and a player made that statement it would be a long time before he saw the field again.

WTF are you talking about? Who do you think he hears this from all the time? Tanner was just repeating whatever drivel comes out of Grobe's mouth every time we lose.

This kind of apathy is a direct result of believing great off court/field behavior will create some sort of high morals/standards that'll lead to great on court/field behavior and winning. While we want both, one does not lead to the other.

I really thought Tanner was turning a corner with his leadership, but the second Camp went down, he started panicing and missing open throws. You need a 4 year starter at QB to be your rock.

Tanner's footwork was atrocious, which caused many balls to be thrown at WR's feet. And it was not the OL's fault. Did he not want to set his feet properly?

This kind of apathy is a direct result of believing great off court/field behavior will create some sort of high morals/standards that'll lead to great on court/field behavior and winning. While we want both, one does not lead to the other.

Can we coin this thinking "Wellmanism"?

Tanner's footwork was atrocious, which caused many balls to be thrown at WR's feet. And it was not the OL's fault. Did he not want to set his feet properly?

Tanner, bless his heart, doesn't have "it." Riley had "it," guys like Camp and Nikita have "it," Tanner just doesn't have it. He's talented, probably far more talented than a guy like James Macpherson, but even James had an "it" that Tanner doesn't have. I guess it just stands to reason when on offense your only "it" guy goes down, you're in big trouble. Doesn't say too much for the development by the coaches or the players themselves that we only have one "it" guy on offense.

Really? He was running for his life much of the day.

Tanner, bless his heart, doesn't have "it." Riley had "it," guys like Camp and Nikita have "it," Tanner just doesn't have it. He's talented, probably far more talented than a guy like James Macpherson, but even James had an "it" that Tanner doesn't have. I guess it just stands to reason when on offense your only "it" guy goes down, you're in big trouble. Doesn't say too much for the development by the coaches or the players themselves that we only have one "it" guy on offense.

Great observation on the "IT" factor. Nobody has the it on next years team. As far as Tanner blaming the players, I'm sure that Grobe said it to him, before he told it to Dan Collins. It's the players fault, don't look at the staff. It's like a driver who runs out of gas in the middle of nowhere, and blames the car for running out of gas.

Don't a lot of QBs have to scramble after sitting in the pocket for a few seconds? Throwing on the move shouldn't be some "special ability" that only elite QBs possess.

Don't a lot of QBs have to scramble after sitting in the pocket for a few seconds? Throwing on the move shouldn't be some "special ability" that only elite QBs possess.

Yep. Good QBs help their pass protection look better by making plays and slowing up that pass rush after burning the defense a few times. If bringing the house continues to be effective, the defense will keep doing it.

Back