• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

According to Dan

Great observation on the "IT" factor. Nobody has the it on next years team. As far as Tanner blaming the players, I'm sure that Grobe said it to him, before he told it to Dan Collins. It's the players fault, don't look at the staff. It's like a driver who runs out of gas in the middle of nowhere, and blames the car for running out of gas.

Grobe blames the players. The players blame themselves. Not complicated.

When Nikita graduates will Grobe admit the 3-4 defense failed miserably and lazy recruiting is reason 2 that we made the switch.

We just can't find enough defensive tackles to play the 4-3 ---- BS and won loss record not good with the 3-4.

Tanner has zero moxie and its why I've never rated him. Can't believe y'all are just seeing that.

He has the pocket presence of a JV high school QB.

Tanner has zero moxie and its why I've never rated him. Can't believe y'all are just seeing that.

Thought Tanner made a lot of good throws that were just dropped today. He also made a lot of bad throws, but his receivers didn't help him at all.

Thought Tanner made a lot of good throws that were just dropped today. He also made a lot of bad throws, but his receivers didn't help him at all.

He's not awful. He's not great. He's not Riley

Tanner is a decent college quarterback. He hasn't had an offensive line worth a damn for his entire time here, his receivers have consistently dropped a lot of passes, and he's struggled to make throws that have had to be made. When he has time to throw he's been a pretty good quarterback though by college standards. He's no Johnny Manziel but he's not as bad as a lot of people on here make him out to be either.

Tanner is a C-USA gadget QB who would be above average in a pass heavy spread offense. That's what he's always been. Deal with it.

Kid is not a winner.

Has never been put in an offense where he can succeed.

Has never had an offensive line remotely average.

Has had to learn five different offenses in four years.

Had dealt with various changes to the running game, blocking scheme, and general offense.

I'm not saying he's an all-world quarterback, but Tanner is clearly an ACC level quarterback. Non-ACC level quarterbacks don't have 12 TD's and 4 INT's through 8 games.

12 TDs in 9 games in one of the worst rushing teams in the country isn't that great.

Numbers you're an amazing fan boy when it comes to your teams, something that I kind of admire. But dude you overrrate every player you follow.

Tanner is a system gadget QB. Which makes him a dime a dozen in today's college football.

Really? He was running for his life much of the day.

I disagree he was either off target or our guys were never open because he was way too antsy early. He was running a lot because he would not pull the trigger. Not a play maker after things break down. Maybe we just never got anyone open, but he was missing everything. No timing even on uncontested throws like screens. He sucked yesterday.

I can't blame play calling yesterday. Tanner was not even making the easy throws. Their nose guard did blow us up too much, and there were a ton of drops but Tanner did not nutt up and play well as he should have. Disappointing. Played like the MS st bowl game. Just not sharpe enough to win.

WFU has been lucky to have Tanner the past 4 years . All of our other QB recruits since Riley have been complete busts. We have relied too heavily on Camp this year and when he went down, we were unprepared for it and panicked- just like we panicked at Syracuse two years ago when Tanner got hurt. When a team loses its most effective offensive player in the first quarter on the road against an evenly matched team, bad things are usually going to happen .

He's won 18 games in those 4 years. This dumpsterfire is Grobes fault. The team shouldn't be sleep walking into such a vital game. LOBO is a close 2nd. He never adjusted to the 'cuse pass rush. What do you think they were working on the past 10 days. He never sent the TE on a seam route that was open all game. He never exploited the hot hand the Josh Harris had finally running north-south. After all this, I'll turn my attention to Tanner. He was dealt a bad hand at 'cuse, but could have played those cards better.

I agree . WFU did not make adjustments at halftime . That has been a pattern for a few years now.

Yet he had quite the "pocket presence" in high school...quite the stud. Something got lost after he headed east to WF. The coaching staff certainly bears a lot of responsibility for his apparent regression.

Tanner is an average ACC qb. That being said, he panics in the pocket a lot. He throws far too often off his back foot, leaves pocket too early, doesn't go through his progressions and and simply puts too many easy passes in the dirt. Maybe lack of confidence with his protection deserves a lot of blame, but he seems pretty afraid of taking an "exposed" hit right after releasing the ball. Which, I think, is why he is terrible throwing the screen, throws too many at receivers' feet and why he sometimes will just tuck and curl instead of throwing away.

since this season is all but lost might as well talk about who next years best option at QB will be? Tyler Cameron? Patrick Thompson?

I agree . WFU did not make adjustments at halftime . That has been a pattern for a few years now.

This is most exactly what happens every single game. Our team makes zero adjustments at halftime and other teams that are more well coached makes game changing adjustments and reverse momentum. I would imagine we almost lead college football with minus score differential in the third quarters of games over the Jim Grobe years.

Back