• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Act of Terror"- Libya

OT to Arlington Deac: Whatever happened to "The Cabal"? I remember that being a Tunnels-precursor thing from a few years back, but at gunpoint I couldn't remember what it was. A little help? I remember liking it, and feel a need to bring it back.

Are you referring to winning percentage, the percentage of seats filled with a person during a game , or the percentage of signees still on the roster after 2 years?

Are you referring to winning percentage, the percentage of seats filled with a person during a game , or the percentage of signees still on the roster after 2 years?

:bowrofl:

OT to Arlington Deac: Whatever happened to "The Cabal"? I remember that being a Tunnels-precursor thing from a few years back, but at gunpoint I couldn't remember what it was. A little help? I remember liking it, and feel a need to bring it back.

Isn't that when RJ called a few of you terrorists for a position you took? I can't really remember either. I know I wanted to join.

That's not what I said. What I said was "supporting the use of torture helped the terrorists recruit and put our troops at risk."

Even the CIA stated the #1 recruiting at the time for AQ and the Iraqi insurgents was our systemic use of torture.

Arlington. I am shocked at you of all people for this.

I said I couldn't really remember exactly, RJ. But, in fairness, I thought I recalled some statement by you to the effect that supporting the use of torture was the equivalent of supporting terrorism.

I, of course, wholeheartedly agree with the statement you've quoted, above.

I'll just take your word for it on this one. This doesn't need to become an issue again. I was just trying to answer his question.

Supporting the use torture was supporting the terrorists as it was their #1 way to get people to fight for them.

"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."

Mitt screwed the pooch again. His firm actions took this "issue" off the table for last debate.

:bowrofl:

I said I couldn't really remember exactly, RJ. But, in fairness, I thought I recalled some statement by you to the effect that supporting the use of torture was the equivalent of supporting terrorism.

I, of course, wholeheartedly agree with the statement you've quoted, above.

I'll just take your word for it on this one. This doesn't need to become an issue again. I was just trying to answer his question.

AGREED.

The real legacy of that absurd exchange was setting the high water mark (to date) on RJ's inability to disagree with someone in a respectful manner.

Last edited:
Supporting the use torture was supporting the terrorists as it was their #1 way to get people to fight for them.

For Sale: One Bridge in Brooklyn. Original owner. Motivated seller. Serious inquiries only, please.

Uninformed voters are the bane of my existence. I can't stand them.

Back