• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Adala Moto

DunkinDeacon

Blame Tuesdays
Reaction score
I've watched a lot of basketball and played a lot of basketball in my day and I can't see how anybody would not be happy with the progress of this young man. Strong around the hoop. Check. Drawing fouls because of strength. Improving free throw shooting. Playing stronger on the defensive end and rebounding well.

It's unfortunate that we sometimes label young freshman after a few games. Moto is going to be a very good contributor at Wake for many years to come, I really like his game.

if only he was serviceable from outside of 3 feet

jk he'll get there eventually

The kid finally learned that he's 100 times more effective around the basket, than taking jump shots. If only Bzzz's dumb ass realized that at the end of the Duke game.

I love me some moto. He is crazy athletic and seems to have an amazing drive to improve. If he could build a solid mjd range jumper, the sky's the limit. I think he has more control and touch than Mckie will ever have.

I love me some moto. He is crazy athletic and seems to have an amazing drive to improve. If he could build a solid mjd range jumper, the sky's the limit. I think he has more control and touch than Mckie will ever have.

Yeah, he'd be a great basketball player if he could shoot, . . . and dribble, . . . and pass. But he can't.

The kid finally learned that he's 100 times more effective around the basket, than taking jump shots. If only Bzzz's dumb ass realized that at the end of the Duke game.

He's known that all along. He's only taken 17 3s through 22 games, or 0.8 per game. I can live with that.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on the end of Duke game shot. Especially in light of the above. If that was a designed play, well.......

McKie must absolutely hate the weight room.

Who is the coach responsible for our player's workout regimen? Moto was stronger in high school than McKie is as a Junior in college. Every time Travis misses a bunny layup or tries some weird spin-flip shot inside it makes Moto look better and better.

He's got a great bellow when he scores or gets fouled. You can hear it every time.

He's known that all along. He's only taken 17 3s through 22 games, or 0.8 per game. I can live with that.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on the end of Duke game shot. Especially in light of the above. If that was a designed play, well.......

Moto should take 0.0 threes per game until further notice.

McKie must absolutely hate the weight room.

Who is the coach responsible for our player's workout regimen? Moto was stronger in high school than McKie is as a Junior in college. Every time Travis misses a bunny layup or tries some weird spin-flip shot inside it makes Moto look better and better.

Britt.

Moto played well last night. I think he's one of our better freshmen, not that that is saying much right now.

CMM has been the most disappointing of the Freshman. His assist numbers in ACC play are terrible and other than the NC State game, he's really struggled with his shot. Looks like he's losing confidence and it's hard not to with Bz in charge.

Moto reminds me of Strickland as a raw athlete who needs to learn what to do when he's not 3 feet from the basket.

I actually think Moto has better handle and court awareness than Strickland ever did. And he is certainly stronger. Strick turned in to a nice one on one defender on the perimeter. I see no reason why Moto can't get there.

I actually think Moto has better handle and court awareness than Strickland ever did. And he is certainly stronger. Strick turned in to a nice one on one defender on the perimeter. I see no reason why Moto can't get there.

I agree that Moto has a lot of Strickland in him, but I think you're selling both of these guys a bit short.

TwentyONE, Strick made dumb decisions, but before the stupid Duke dunk, hewas averaging 17 and 11, as a second option for us. Furthermore, he developed into a good spot-up jump shooter (44% 3FG during his senior season) and he was a lockdown defender (far better than subsequent "stoppers" like LD) against most perimeter players in the ACC. What made Strick's potential so intriguing (and ultimately made his time at Wake so disappointing) was that he had the size to guard three positions with a slash-n-shoot skill set.

Ideally, Moto develops similarly, but he's never going to be a Trent (or LD)-caliber defender. He has the lateral quickness to guard stationary 2s (i.e. Scott Wood) and most 3s, as well as the size and athleticism to guard inside-outside 4s, but you can't let him roam on defense in the same way that Skip utilized Trent.

Just my two cents.

hes not great, but damn hes 41% from the field vs Cavanaugh whos 30% from the field and Chase is like 36% from the field. I dont care if he dunks and thats his only shot. its better than having Cav or Chase brick it on offense and fall on the ground on defense.

Back