• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Adala Moto

hes not great, but damn hes 41% from the field vs Cavanaugh whos 30% from the field and Chase is like 36% from the field. I dont care if he dunks and thats his only shot. its better than having Cav or Chase brick it on offense and fall on the ground on defense.

Remember that 3 pointers are worth more than 2. Effective FG% takes this into account, in terms of normalizing shooting percentages for the points they generate.

By that measure, Chase is shooting 50.6% (although on a horribly low usage percentage), ahead of CMM (45%) and Madison(48%),with Moto at 42.4%, and Cav at an astounding, almost impossible 34.6%.

Rountree has the highest, although on just 37 total FGA in 22 games, that's a bit misleading. CJ is the highest among regular shooters, at 54.6%, with Devin 50.7%, and Mckie 49.6%.

I don't really see Moto as similar to Trent. Strick was a corner jump shooter who would excel in transition, but didn't really bang around the basket. My hope for Moto is that he puts on a little more weight and plays the hybrid 3/4 position, where he plays around the rim on offense and then guards the best swingman on the other team. He and McKie could actually play together very well. If anything I see Moto becoming a much less offensively talented J-Ho type of player. Either that or a shorter, stronger version of Jamaal Levy.

Codi is suffering from not playing his game. I feel like he has been hurt the most by trying to "play within the system". He has game, just needs the right coach to allow him to get out there and show it.

I see Moto as a Scooter Banks type once Scooter figured out he should play down low and stop shooting threes. Man, I loved Scooter Banks.

I see Moto as a Scooter Banks type once Scooter figured out he should play down low and stop shooting threes. Man, I loved Scooter Banks.

This was actually the original comparison I was make, but I was pretty young during him time and couldn't remember if he ever went through a perimeter phase.

Scooooooooooooooooooter.

Codi is suffering from not playing his game. I feel like he has been hurt the most by trying to "play within the system". He has game, just needs the right coach to allow him to get out there and show it.

Definitely agree with this. I think this team in general has a lot of players who would thrive in a better system.

Definitely agree with this. I think this team in general has a lot of players who would thrive in a better system.

If bzzz is here next year then that better system would mean that they transferred.

Our best half court offense is generally when moto DT and McKie are on the court.

Moto understands the spacing of the game just about better than anyone. Actually cav and dt are good with that too

What I've noticed is that our guards / shooters come off picks terribly. They're jogging around picks. Both cj and chase half ass it way too muc around picks ctravis is a little better. All coaching

Moto understands the spacing of the game just about better than anyone. Actually cav and dt are good with that too

What I've noticed is that our guards / shooters come off picks terribly. They're jogging around picks. Both cj and chase half ass it way too muc around picks ctravis is a little better. All coaching

CJ seems to be playing at about 80% of his maximum speed most of the game. I noticed a lot of really lazy plays by him in the UNC game, inlcuding a lot of hestitation to shoot the ball when coming off a pick. As soon as he hesitated, he was boxed in and either turned it over or got trapped with the rest of the players just standing around. And Cav puts up the weakest, most piss poor attempts at picks Ive ever seen. Hes about as strong as a thirteen year old girl.

You think Chase is half-assing it, but that's actually full speed for him.

Definitely agree with the roommate on this one. I feel like Codi has no freedom to create for himself and is forced to give the ball up immediately without even being able to consider attacking the basket.

I agree re Moto and spacing. If you take away the decisions to pull the trigger from outside (and those have been dwindling as the season has gone on), he actually makes a lot of good decisions out there.

I want to see more of him getting the rock as he cuts in the lane off the pick and roll. He is gaining more confidence going to the rim.

Definitely agree with the roommate on this one. I feel like Codi has no freedom to create for himself and is forced to give the ball up immediately without even being able to consider attacking the basket.

Add to this that he plays basically CJ's mid-range game as well and is being too deferential.

I'd be stunned if Codi doesn't have a breakout year next year.

Eh, I don't know. Codi looks to me like he's suffering from being guarded by ACC defenders... He's not quite quick enough to really blow by people or create space for his jumper, and he's not quite big enough to finish inside against ACC bigs. The other night he tried two jab steps and the defender just ripped the ball away from him at the 3 point line. Later he had a gorgeous drive miss when he had to alter his layup because a big challenged it. He's been missing some pretty good open looks from 3 lately as well.

His assist numbers are rough - 7 ACC games with only 1 assist - which suggests he isn't seeing the floor all that well, especially in traffic. He's had plenty of field goal attempts - 3rd on the team. Hard to blame the system on his struggles. Looks to me like he needs to get a little stronger and faster, and just polish his overall game. Maybe expectations were too high - I think he's a solid freshman with a ton of potential.

+1

Back