• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Addition by Subtraction

Still don't see any evidence that he can coach, mainly because leading is a major part of coaching IMO.

I have no doubts that he knows the game of basketball, but I have major doubts that he can teach the game of basketball.

I also question the character of a man that throws 18-21 year old kids under the bus instead of taking all the blame and pressure onto himself, but that would be another discussion all together.

I don't think you'll see him throwing kids under the bus anymore. He now has his guys. The ones who want to be there and want to play for WF not themselves. I think it frustrated the he'll out of him that he couldn't get guys that wanted to play together as that's all he knows. He's old school. Not saying what he did was right,but don't think you'll see again with the bad apples gone.

I hope you are right. I really, really do. That enraged me more than anything else that went on last season.

If you don't think we made a play for Scott Stevens, you're naive.

As to the "culture" being a smoke screen, that's only true to the blind as it has played out to being very real.

Dino was part of the problem. Of course he woudln't "see it".

Although it won't take much, if you look at the combination of the 11&12 recruiting classes, it's logical to say [Redacted]'s are equal to or greater than either of the two new ACC hires of his year.

Who knows if we could have gotten a better coach. What we do know is you, dv7, Irish and other gave up that day.

You guys have been looking for anything and everything negative you can post

RJ, if you want to know what day I "gave up" on Bzzz, read the signature below. This board has a search function. Your hyperbolic mania is much more easily dealt with. Adapt, please. Otherwise you're like a living, breathing AOL dial-up monster.

RJ, if you want to know what day I "gave up" on Bzzz, read the signature below. This board has a search function. Your hyperbolic mania is much more easily dealt with. Adapt, please. Otherwise you're like a living, breathing AOL dial-up monster.

Right after the Presby game? Where Buzz threw 18-21 year olds under the bus and took no personal blame for that loss? Weird!

Same for me!

We should start a forum or something. We have so much in common. :plos:

I'm in! But only if we can convince the masked Deacon plumber to serve as the board mascot ... it'll give the place underground CRED

You, dv7 and others were completely and vocally anti-Buzz before the season started.....Whether you want to use a specific term is a game of semantics...

Last edited:
You, dv7 and others were completely and vocally anti-Buzz before the season started.....Whether you want to use a specific term is a game of semantics...

WHY DO YOU LIE????!!!!!!

But seriously, not the case. Check out Moonzzz's spreadsheet for people's initial reactions to Bzzz - I believe mine was "cautiously optimistic." That's the closest thing to a search function we have for those days, unfortunately.

rj.... once again not letting the actual truth get in the way of trying to prove he is the better man/fan/person/etc etc than somebody else. Hyperbole-ho!

Hell, I was trying to justify the hire to other wake fans when it was initially made. Quickly had to eat crow when it became apparent the hire was a disaster rather than some kind of brilliant diamond in the rough move that only Wellman could see.

WHY DO YOU LIE????!!!!!!

But seriously, not the case. Check out Moonzzz's spreadsheet for people's initial reactions to Bzzz - I believe mine was "cautiously optimistic." That's the closest thing to a search function we have for those days, unfortunately.

i was the same way slim.

and shocking that rj is making shit up to prove himself correct

rj.... once again not letting the actual truth get in the way of trying to prove he is the better man/fan/person/etc etc than somebody else. Hyperbole-ho!

Never said any such thing, but keep telling yourself that if it lets you sleep better at night.

Everybody on this board even those of us who hated the hire were trying to rationalize it into something positive. Then the reality of Stetson hit and we stopped lying to ourselves.

You mean going to every home game and cheering on the team? Thanks for noticing, brah.

Everybody on this board even those of us who hated the hire were trying to rationalize it into something positive. Then the reality of Stetson hit and we stopped lying to ourselves.

what a terrible day that was. i may not have spoken for the next 24 hours.

Comparatively, last Thursday was worse twice over. Grobe has been here 10 years and he quit on every player on the team. All his guys. Bzd was trying to get all new players and coaches to play his style of ball. Don't know by this isn't obvious

Back