• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Addition by Subtraction

Congrats to NC State for having players on campus.

T.Lewis is up tp #33 on prepstars new list. Plus Warren, Purvis and B.Johnson are all top 30 players those are pretty good visitors. Plus they are in the thick of it for A.White plus A.Jefferson to name a few. I think they will end up with some good ones.

We will almost certainty still get visits from Andrew White and Arnaud Moto as well. Zena Edosomwan is coming to campus in a week. So congrats to us as well.

I haven't heard much about Wake and White lately. I hope we are still in it with him. He would be an impressive get at this point. Moto and Zena would be a big boost. I'm thinking we are more in the Thomas,Chandler, Wood and Jankovic realm. We definitely need the street cred a A.White would bring us.

I don't think there is a scintilla of evidence that BC, Miami or Clemson did better. We'll see if Gottfried fucks up again or not.

The list he gave out within this week was:

"I'm hearing from Texas, Louisville, Oklahoma State, Wake Forest, NC State, Richmond, George Mason, Tennessee and Cincinnati"

I would expect a visit for how long we've been on him and how long he's listed Wake. A commitment is a little more difficult obviously.

The team as a whole didn't progress under the stewardship of [Redacted]. I hope that doesn't happen again this coming season.

Do you think this has anything to do with playing all freshmen, overrated sophmores and losing your center before the season starts? Or just bzzzz?

You're fitting the analogy to your own perspective. From my perspective, more losses for Bzz now translates into more wins for these players and team when he is replaced.

That's the entire point.

The poster said you guys want the class to fail so [Redacted] fails. You're agreeing with that poster, who was told to fuck off.

All I'm saying is don't be dicks and tell people to fuck off when they simply state your goals that you guys readily admit.

Do you think this has anything to do with playing all freshmen, overrated sophmores and losing your center before the season starts? Or just bzzzz?

I think any team, regardless of how it is composed, should show improvement as a collective unit if coached properly over the course of a 32 game season. We saw none with our basketball team last season. [Redacted] failed to improve the team from the first game to the last game on any sort of consistent basis.

Coaches are responsible for putting their players and team in the best position to succeed and win. Do you believe [Redacted] did that last season?

That's the entire point.

The poster said you guys want the class to fail so [Redacted] fails. You're agreeing with that poster, who was told to fuck off.

All I'm saying is don't be dicks and tell people to fuck off when they simply state your goals that you guys readily admit.

I'm not RacerDeac, so would have been safe for you to assume that my opinions on this particular matter differ from his. You shouldn't lump all people that don't like Buzz in the same category.
I am excited about 'Tree and CMM coming to Wake. I hope they both turn out to be excellent players for us, starting their freshman year.

I want Wake Forest to succeed. I think Wake has a better chance to succeed coached by somebody other than Jeff [Redacted]. I don't think he deserves more time here, as I think he has already done enough damage to the program.

And anybody that claims I don't want Wake Forest to succeed can indeed piss off for all I care.

Last edited:
That's the entire point.

No, I want the class to succeed...I just don't believe it's possible with Bzz leading it. The final paragraph had nothing to do with me, so I'm not sure why you pluralized it to include me.

If you guys are going to argue about this all over again, you should understand that whatever culture problem was centered around JJ and Teague and the dynamics of their sophmore years. To a smaller degree, Aminu, Woods, and Walker. If you remember, we were leaning another way on a center, and the Woods thing came around quickly in sort of a let's get Aminu in here by luring him with Woods.

Anyway, to use Ari, JTT, Tabb, etc.... is not accurate as Wellman had only a inkling of how that was going to play out, though probably Ari had more characteristics similar with Woods, JJ, and Teague.

It was a matter of getting kids here that were only barely interested in the student athlete experience. Only really Aminu and I guess maybe Walker positioned themselves to invest in that experience.

I think that rubbed our school and AD wrong. The football team by and large embraces the student athlete life, granted they have more "buddies" to hang out with from varying backgrounds who have non athlete friends they bring into the fold, but if football can do it, there is no reason basketball can't, or so the thinking goes ...

Carry on.

if you only were as right as you think you are

"I want Wake Forest to succeed. I think Wake has a better chance to succeed coached by somebody other than Jeff [Redacted]. I don't think he deserves more time here, as I think he has already done enough damage to the program."

This was your position the day he was hired.

This was your position when Tony W was kicked off the team.

This was your position when it was learned that Tony C would miss uch of the season and that Ari would miss all of the preseason.

You are hardly alone. but to say you or others EVER gave Bzelik a fair shot is patently false.

I'm not RacerDeac, so would have been safe for you to assume that my opinions on this particular matter differ from his. You shouldn't lump all people that don't like Buzz in the same category.
I am excited about 'Tree and CMM coming to Wake. I hope they both turn out to be excellent players for us, starting their freshman year.

I want Wake Forest to succeed. I think Wake has a better chance to succeed coached by somebody other than Jeff [Redacted]. I don't think he deserves more time here, as I think he has already done enough damage to the program.

And anybody that claims I don't want Wake Forest to succeed can indeed piss off for all I care.

He answered for you, so I assumed you shared the same view. Otherwise I don't know why he's arguing on your behalf.

And you do want Wake to fail. You want [Redacted] to fail and the team to fail so he gets fired and we can move on to success later.

It's fine if that's your goal. Hell, it might even be the right one as I said earlier. But you absolutely want us to fail right now. You've enjoyed our failures. You mock the coach and the players.

Paint yourself as some ardent supporter all you want, but you are certainly not in the same class of fans that want to see us get better under [Redacted]. That would mean more years of [Redacted], which is your personal hell apparently.

Sorry, rj I meant Tyler Cavanaugh, He is a recent fast riser over the summer. He is a 6.8 forward that we have offered.

No worries...how does his HS team EVER lose a game? A 6'8 wing plus Coleman....WOW......

We shouldn't take hmi...we should keep it for 2013.

At some point it becomes clear to everyone the search was blotched and we need to do it right this time. Do you think we are the only team in the US with players getting in trouble. Something is going on here, the checks and balances put in place by the schools combined with the incentives the players have to play normally work to keep things in check. Now we lose 5 players because they don't care that much to screw themselves, the school, their teammates and coaches. This is not just bad luck.

I think any team, regardless of how it is composed, should show improvement as a collective unit if coached properly over the course of a 32 game season. We saw none with our basketball team last season. [Redacted] failed to improve the team from the first game to the last game on any sort of consistent basis.

Coaches are responsible for putting their players and team in the best position to succeed and win. Do you believe [Redacted] did that last season?

Nope. But I also think most teams deal with 1 or 2 of these guys, and you need to take a 32 game season and learn to have them mesh with the others.... we did it with a starting lineup and bench...And, you basically had 1 position (Woods) that was set...you weren't even sure the order of coming off the bench... you are really handing a coach chicken shit and asking him to make chicken salad. This actually happened at random points during the careers of Coach K and Roy williams.... what happened to them? shitty first seasons with vastly improved 2nd or 3rd seasons.... which is all I was waiting for.... in no way, was I sold on Bzzzz as our next tenured coach, but given the situation, I wasn't going to give up on him after 1 season.... that's all....

Back