• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Addition by Subtraction

You really think I want Wake Forest to fail? Fuck off.

While [Redacted] is at the helm? Absolutely seems that way.

You have reveled in our losses while he's been our coach. Your posts last season were pure enjoyment of his failures. They were incessant, mocking, disrespectful, and you savored every moment.

I get that your entire goal is to mock and degrade [Redacted] until he is fired so that we might eventually succeed, but don't act like you haven't been actively rooting against him, and by extension our team.

You play the card dealt to you, and [Redacted] did a poor job with a bad hand last year.

Absolutely ridiculous. We had an awful last year with parts missing and others that didn't fit. I wasn't the only one that was predicting 8-10 wins after Tony went down and all the rest.

I also happen to think it's reasonable to look at [Redacted]'s resume and realize that there is not a damn thing on it that should make anyone think he can elevate the program.

He took a dead CO program and had them on the way to respectability. People in the the coaching community disagree with you.

Whether he will do it here is still up for question.

MD takes players we won't.

Tony would have helped a bit last season but he was a marginal talent.

Tabb had problems going in that we hoped to cure, but some can't be sured.

Ari created his own problems that aren't fair to discuss in public.

If everything had worked out, we may have challenged this year. However these are part of main REASON we had to change the "culture".

Tony would have helped a lot last year.

First, the culture change stuff was a smoke screen for reasons already discussed in detail repeatedly. Second, nothing you just said has anything to do with the attractiveness of the job. Coaches looking at the job could not have predicted everything that has happened would happen, just like Dino could not have predicted it despite being much closer to the situation. It would have been reasonable for candidates to believe that there would be a good chance of success in the 2011-2012 season. We could have done better than Jeff [Redacted].

You have reveled in our losses while he's been our coach. Your posts last season were pure enjoyment of his failures. They were incessant, mocking, disrespectful, and you savored every moment.

I get that your entire goal is to mock and degrade [Redacted] until he is fired so that we might eventually succeed, but don't act like you haven't been actively rooting against him, and by extension our team.

So judging by your politics board posts, you want America to fail?

Went to every home game to root on the team. Afterward, yeah I ripped Buzz to shreds, because that's what a man that throws his team under the bus numerous times deserves.

Those boys deserve a better coach. Wake Forest deserves a better coach. Buzz is a shitty coach. I believe that the sooner he leaves the better it will be for Wake.

Now, if that belief is proven wrong and Buzz is a success here then I will be happy, because that means that the program turned around much quicker than it would have under a new coach. I just don't believe I am wrong as nothing in his career suggests that he will turn this shitshow around.

So judging by your politics board posts, you want America to fail?

Have me confused with another poster?

Plus, a politician can fail to get something passed and the country can benefit from it.

[Redacted] cannot lose games and yet have our team win games.

Stick to the subject.

If you don't think we made a play for Scott Stevens, you're naive.

As to the "culture" being a smoke screen, that's only true to the blind as it has played out to being very real.

Dino was part of the problem. Of course he woudln't "see it".

Although it won't take much, if you look at the combination of the 11&12 recruiting classes, it's logical to say [Redacted]'s are equal to or greater than either of the two new ACC hires of his year.

Who knows if we could have gotten a better coach. What we do know is you, dv7, Irish and other gave up that day.

You guys have been looking for anything and everything negative you can post

Went to every home game to root on the team. Afterward, yeah I ripped Buzz to shreds, because that's what a man that throws his team under the bus numerous times deserves.

Those boys deserve a better coach. Wake Forest deserves a better coach. Buzz is a shitty coach. I believe that the sooner he leaves the better it will be for Wake.

Now, if that belief is proven wrong and Buzz is a success here then I will be happy, because that means that the program turned around much quicker than it would have under a new coach. I just don't believe I am wrong as nothing in his career suggests that he will turn this shitshow around.

Nobody on the boards sees what you do when you attend a game.

Your board persona seems very much to enjoy our losses after they happen, and during away games.

I'm not even saying it's a bad strategy. I'm in the "jury still out" side of the [Redacted] question, and it may be that firing him today would be best for the program.

But ripping a poster for saying you come off like you want Wake to fail is out of line, in my opinion, based on your thousands and thousands of posts ridiculing our team. And you've done both - ridiculed the team and [Redacted], even if you ultimately blame [Redacted].

Ugh. Not going to get into this again. See you in November.

In november he'll start the same over again. We're going to suck. We were going to suck with JT and now we'll suck more.

summed it up for me.

He took a dead CO program and had them on the way to respectability. People in the the coaching community disagree with you.

Whether he will do it here is still up for question.

I am agreeing with RJ. (Please don't call 911, I'm fine, and do agree with you RJ more than you know haha.)

Without JT my expectations are way down now for this season bc we have lost a scoring threat that opponents had to be concerned with and someone who could make 3s and force the defense not to sit back in a zone. We've lost a lot.

So if the staff can move us in the right direction in recruiting and developing the players we have this year, that's about all I can reasonably expect. We won't really know what [Redacted] is able to accomplish until we see the 2012-2013 team.

Have me confused with another poster?

Plus, a politician can fail to get something passed and the country can benefit from it.

[Redacted] cannot lose games and yet have our team win games.

Stick to the subject.

You're fitting the analogy to your own perspective. From my perspective, more losses for Bzz now translates into more wins for these players and team when he is replaced.

Last edited:
Pending a major recruiting coup, the 2012 class is more of middle of the road class than a class that will put us in the hunt for championships. We will still need a 6.10 banger and a player with Nba potential. As I said before this class will probably be ranked sixth in the Acc mainly because it will likely have 5 members. The special circumstances argument in favor of Coach Bz has some merit but a another dismal season will taint him further and a new HC will be required.

Assuming Carowhina signs a couple more, right now I'd say we're tied for 4th with UVA. State could jump up, but we aren't sure abotu that.

The team as a whole didn't progress under the stewardship of [Redacted]. I hope that doesn't happen again this coming season.

Of course Duke and Unc will collect their normal All-Americans. Upstart Uva has 3 top 100 players so far. Md is coming on fast. NCst had 4 or 5 top players on campus last week. VaT loaded up in 2011. FSU is battling GaT for R.Carter and the beat goes on.

If you don't think we made a play for Scott Stevens, you're naive.

As to the "culture" being a smoke screen, that's only true to the blind as it has played out to being very real.

Dino was part of the problem. Of course he woudln't "see it".

Although it won't take much, if you look at the combination of the 11&12 recruiting classes, it's logical to say [Redacted]'s are equal to or greater than either of the two new ACC hires of his year.

Who knows if we could have gotten a better coach. What we do know is you, dv7, Irish and other gave up that day.

You guys have been looking for anything and everything negative you can post

Dino was not part of a culture problem because there was not a culture problem. You can spin all day, but at the end of it the only evidence of character flaws we knew was that Ari went to a high school that has put out some questionable players in the past (IIRC); Tabb was not in good condition and JTT had a bit of an attitude on the court (this was praised by most WFU fans). We have had shitty luck. That's it. As I have had said time and time again, the coaches spend a handful of hours with recruits and that's all they have to go on as far as character goes. Any 3rd party accounts are sure to be biased, if shared at all.

I have also said time and time again that I think [Redacted]'s cap is mediocrity. Everything about his career points to that direction, but that doesn't mean that I have given up. I don't even know what it means for a fan to give up, but I would assume it doesn't mean going to 15+ games and watch us lose by double digits in 2/3 of them much less spend countless (and pointless) hours on this board.

And, yes, I am pretty confident we could have done better. State did better; Clemson did better; Miami did better, and BC did better. Only hire that the ACC has made over the past 3 years that is even in contention for being as bad as the [Redacted] hire is the Gregory hire, and GT was working under some pretty significant constraints.

Last edited:
Back