• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Addition by Subtraction

Ok, trying not to be too negative, but I can't help myself..

What, in the name of Zeus's butthole, makes anyone think Fischer is going to be good? I'm not saying he'll never be good, but a freshman, coming to a team that was terrible last year, in a downward spiral, with TC just coming back, a WEAK (at best) front court, oh, and a bench filled with inexperience...... What am I missing about this barely recruited good outside shooter that is going to make him propel this team????

Because his skill set meshes better with McKie and CJ and TC than JTTs. Fischer is a better spot up shooter with a quicker release IMO. JTT never took a shot without dribbling first. If we isolate McKie some, Fischer should get some open jumpers on the help D. He should also get some good looks if/when our point beats his man on the dribble. Last year, we had one guy who would take jumpers off the pass: Carson. Now, we have two. It would be better if we had three, but two is better than one.

[/Jim Mora Playoffs] Top 5? Top 5? [/Jim Mora Playoffs]

We're talking about what is likely the worst team in ACC history.

Alot of people think that after this season we will turn the corner and I am saying I don't see it happening in the next two seasons after this one because we will still lack interior defense and rebounding to getto the top 5 in the ACC. I hope that is clear. I know this season is a lost cause even with a weak schedule.

Someone who thinks we'll win 7-10 games wouldn't touch an o/u of 8.5. Someone who think we'll win 7-10 games would definitely take the under on an o/u of 10.5.

That's all dv7 was saying.

That makes sense. Sorry dv7. I used to be a little stat king. I don't know what happened.

I still think that % of offensive rebounds stat is ridiculous though.

So, just to be clear. If anybody wants to wager that we don't win more than 8 games, I would be happy to take all bets for any amount up to $50. I'll cap out $250 total. First come first serve.

Because his skill set meshes better with McKie and CJ and TC than JTTs. Fischer is a better spot up shooter with a quicker release IMO. JTT never took a shot without dribbling first. If we isolate McKie some, Fischer should get some open jumpers on the help D. He should also get some good looks if/when our point beats his man on the dribble. Last year, we had one guy who would take jumpers off the pass: Carson. Now, we have two. It would be better if we had three, but two is better than one.

Ooook, I like your optimism... but do you think teams are going to be doubling anyone? :rulz:

Unless he can create his own shot, which I doubt, he will never have an open look. That's all I'm saying.... Yes, if we had Chris Paul and teams were forced to help out, then a guy with quick release would be helpful, but we don't have that.... And, if help is needed, it likely will free up Travis, not Fischer... So far, all I have heard about this kid is that he is a really good shooter... ok...that can get neutralized really quick if you can't do anything else...

Done. I'll wager anything $50 and under. I'm not a gambler, so I have no interest in giving myself a heart attack until we get to 9 wins (not counting the exhibition). Even though I think this is easy money.

What I'm saying is I am 99% sure I win this bet by December, but I don't anyone anything over $50.

I will do o/u 7.5 wins by December 1st and take the under. Let's say... $20?

You mean January 1.

That'd be a fair bet imo.

We have three Freshmen who will have to play considerable minutes who have no clue what it's like to play defense in the ACC. It really doesn't matter what they can do on offense. We are going to be everybody's bitch this season.

I will do o/u 7.5 wins by December 1st and take the under. Let's say... $20?

7.5 wins on Jan. 3rd, you got it.

And to answer PhillyDeac. I'm not saying we chew through the ACC. McKie is a superior player to just about anyone we hit OOC. And he's played a lot of college basketball for a rising sophmore. He's going to eat up about 80% of our OOC opponents and that alone is going to free up some open looks. Fischer is going to be a fine shooter in the ACC, but no, I am not expecting him to average double figures in ACC games. OOC? Depends on minutes and whether we play 3 guards for extended minutes, but I think it is quite possible. He's good and he will be underestimated early. When shooters hit their first shot, they are trouble. If he consistently gets a real nice look early, then he I think he will do some damage in quite a number of games. Hope that makes sense.

You said December. So I think by the end of December after 13 games a line of 7.5 wins is what would be most fair.

Or do you really want to try to sneak in the Jan 2nd game vs Wofford?

I agree with this but I don't think that means we'll be better by subtraction. IMO it means JTT's loss may not be felt as much. We'll definitely miss JTT. If Chase is better than ranked, which I also think will be the case, we could still be pretty good against the weaker teams with Chase in place of JTT.

We've still watched a lot of talent walk out the door...Woods, Ari, JTT. Ouch.

wesuckagain.jpg

This guy has an opinion, and I tend to agree with it.

Is his opinion that you can be a no talent ass clown, but as long as you are friends with a famous actor you can still get work in movies? :thumbsup:

handle, handle, handle...

we cut down on the TO's this year, and play to our strengths (whatever they may be), i wouldn't be surprised if we seem vastly improved.

i realize the interior remains an issue, but hopefully we'll be pleasantly surprised with some growth and maturity there...would seem we certainly need more fouls to give...

Back