• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Adopting Wake Hoops

Lectro

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
On board and ready to roll. 2 future All ACC players leading the way in DT and CMM. Clearly coach has told them the team is theirs -- the 2 guys (particularly CMM) did a great job getting the other guys involved in the 2nd half. Chemistry has a ways to go but it appears that McKie has accepted his "glue" roll on this team. Would have liked to have seen Rountree defend their big man (DJ). It would have been a good chance to get him some minutes against what was, essentially, a PF on one of the better teams WF will face.I expect Aaron will need to guard everyone from Parker to Wiggins at some point this season.

Mad brings jets and is kind of a poor man's Ish -- shot has improved -- speed, hops and length to defend both guards.

Coron is still feeling his way and contrary to Racer, nobody who knows anything thought this kid was "C.J's replacement". He was brought in to shoot and defend but it was clear to him that this is CMM's team and that he and Jones and Miles' roles are augmenting Miller-Mac's lead dog status.

Moto and Cav continue to improve and competing against one another for the spot is creating some healthy push.

This group looks more and more like a team that has 2 legit stars and a solid collection of role guys.

Last edited:
I wouldn't run my mouth too hard until we play some legitimate competition. The bulk of the evidence remains on the Buzzout side and beating sub-200 teams does not come close to changing that. We've beaten our first three 100+ opponents the last two years.

Our shooting has not been good and our defense was atrociously bad against Colgate (wasn't able to watch last night..the d-stats look pretty good though, but clearly VMI is not a typical team...70 shots!?!?!?!).

We have three sure fire tests on our OOC schedule...Kansas, Richmond, and Xavier. Potentially UTEP and Villanova.

BuzzOUT or not, I'm excited about DT and CMM. Both look like they mean business. I like it.

What is up with our four guards going 3-21 on 3pters? That means big trouble against stronger teams than our first two cupcakes.

CMM is looking good ... looking like many expected him to look last year. We should be encouraged. He was probably a bit too tentative and is starting to assert himself more and is gaining confidence as he does so. DT plays hard and looks like he has made progress on his FT mechanics. However, he still has not developed a reliable right hand and against better competition he may have problems that arent evident in the numbers now. Madison is developing into a very serviceable 1. We will be glad he is a Deacon. Caron was not brought in for his defense and his lack of size will be a problem all year. If he can hit some 3's, he may provide a spark off the bench for short bursts, but that is the best realistic expectation. Cav has shown clear improvement playing a stretch 4. A year of experience and playing less out of position have been a benefit to him. He can shoot better than he has and just needs a few more to fall early. If he has to spend significant time backing DT at the 5 he may regress because that is not a good match for his skills. He may face that dilemma because Dre just is not strong enough to play at this level. Tree is fun to watch but you never quite know what you are going to get. Moto is struggling a bit right now. Miles is showing flashes of promise in limited minutes. Travis is settling into his role pretty well early, but it is obvious that at some point in the second half of the first two games he has decided he needs to get his numbers up. Dont know how that will work once the competition improves. The team needs to all be on the same page if we are to have any chance.

The half-court offense looks better so far. They are moving the ball much better and generally seem to have a better sense of where they should be and what they should be doing. However, we are still not a good shooting team if we cant get the ball inside. The break against weak opposition has looked pretty good at times. The full-court pressure is token at best and wont present any problems to ACC teams. The half-court defense is still a major problem. Last night VMI got off many open shots that they just flat missed (I expected them to shoot much better than they did) and were able to drive the baseline on us way too many times.

At this point, we have gotten done what we needed to in the first two games, but it would be foolish to get carried away with anything against such weak opposition. I fear the results will be much different when we play better teams, and that time is coming. We shall see. It would be a mistake to drink the Kool-Aide.

In all seriousness, this is a pretty big hit to the program. I mean for years I looked forward to October when 'Ol Lec would go into hibernation until the spring. If Jaybone starts posting on football we may have to start a new board.

In all seriousness, this is a pretty big hit to the program. I mean for years I looked forward to October when 'Ol Lec would go into hibernation until the spring. If Jaybone starts posting on football we may have to start a new board.

Time to get up and wipe that ass, Turd. Time to get in the game,son.

Lectro, you won't be sucking the players dick like this in the middle of our losing streak. You have been known to disappear when the going gets tough. Have fun posting now!

Based upon BabyDeac's analysis of Coron, he is Chas Fischer.

Won't make any judgements until we start playing real teams. This early schedule is an absolute joke.

Won't make any judgements until we start playing real teams. This early schedule is an absolute joke.

This. We will not know where we are until we hit conference games and have legitimate competition. It remains to be seen what we are but we do not suck. The cupboard will not be bare when/if Bzz goes and this is good.

Cav has shown clear improvement playing a stretch 4.

Huh what? Cav? As in Cavanaugh? are we watching the same guy?

He's too slow and can't shoot for a guy is supposed to be an excellent shooter. 13% from 3 last night as a team..... Thomas and CMM were beastly, but nothing came close to remotely convincing me that we are going to move out of the bottom 3.

Huh what? Cav? As in Cavanaugh? are we watching the same guy?

He's too slow and can't shoot for a guy is supposed to be an excellent shooter. 13% from 3 last night as a team..... Thomas and CMM were beastly, but nothing came close to remotely convincing me that we are going to move out of the bottom 3.

Cav has improved over where he was last year and has passed Moto, at least for the time being. The things he is doing better now dont show up in the box score and are tied to playing more at the 4 than the 5. He has the ability shoot well and create matchup problems. He just has to do it when the lights come on ... if his game shooting doesnt improve, the other improvements will be moot.

VMI's defense flat out sucked. They looked like a smaller slower version of the Deacs under Prosser.

We can't gain one iota of insight into Wake's half court offense from the game last night. It looked like a pre-game walk through.

Back