• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Adopting Wake Hoops

Cav has improved over where he was last year and has passed Moto, at least for the time being. The things he is doing better now dont show up in the box score and are tied to playing more at the 4 than the 5. He has the ability shoot well and create matchup problems. He just has to do it when the lights come on ... if his game shooting doesnt improve, the other improvements will be moot.

too slow for acc ball.

Madison is turning into a good baller. Ideally he would come off the bench, but wake doesn't have the players for that. There are some things Madison doesn't do well but some things that he is quite good at.

Last edited:
I was only able to watch the first half so maybe the half court offense looked better in the second half, but considering the competition it was pretty atrocious in the first half. As a team we often looked like we weren't sure exactly where we were supposed to be or what we were supposed to be doing on offense. Our offense consisted of CMM getting into the lane, Devin doing work down low, or on occasion catching VMI leaving someone wide open (we missed more of the wide open passes than we made). CMM and Devin looked really good but the looks they were getting will not come as easily against better competition.

The coaches have not figured out how to utilize travis yet and that is a shame because if they could then we might be halfway decent this year.

I'm not even going to comment on the defense.

I was only able to watch the first half so maybe the half court offense looked better in the second half, but considering the competition it was pretty atrocious in the first half. As a team we often looked like we weren't sure exactly where we were supposed to be or what we were supposed to be doing on offense. Our offense consisted of CMM getting into the lane, Devin doing work down low, or on occasion catching VMI leaving someone wide open (we missed more of the wide open passes than we made). CMM and Devin looked really good but the looks they were getting will not come as easily against better competition.

The coaches have not figured out how to utilize travis yet and that is a shame because if they could then we might be halfway decent this year.

Oh Shut The Fuck Up

As with the Colgate game, Wake got stronger as the game went along. They actually run sets (screens, cuts, ball movement) now which hasn't happened since Prosser. McKie is seemingly misused because he doesn't give 100 percent on most plays. I'm not really sure what you're expecting at this point, but they'll be 5-0 without a close win going into the Kansas game. We will know a lot more after that.

So what will we know going into the Kansas game?

Didn't watch VMI, but at times I did think the offense looked pretty good against Colgate. The defense was atrocious though and, at some point, we're going to have to be better at jump shots.

Solid discourse there.

Just as solid as the constant droning whine of the majority of you assholes...I'm sure I could have illumined the comment for you by simply adding, let's see, "eats unwiped ass" or some other bit of inspired discourse?

Fk off

I see you're no better at spotting basketball excellence than you are at spotting football excellence. Perhaps powder puff flag football is your true calling as an Oracle?

I see you're no better at spotting basketball excellence than you are at spotting football excellence. Perhaps powder puff flag football is your true calling as an Oracle?

Oh look, if it isn't the uppity-assed Racer. You are the vision I have whenever I see the tag "worst fucking fans".

That's you. Cry baby- holier than thou twit stick.

Oh look, if it isn't the uppity-assed Racer. You are the vision I have whenever I see the tag "worst fucking fans".

:hug:

There's no honor in standing somebody up at a fight, pudding pants...

As with the Colgate game, Wake got stronger as the game went along. They actually run sets (screens, cuts, ball movement) now which hasn't happened since Prosser. McKie is seemingly misused because he doesn't give 100 percent on most plays. I'm not really sure what you're expecting at this point, but they'll be 5-0 without a close win going into the Kansas game. We will know a lot more after that.

A fifth grade YMCA team can run sets and have good ball movement, that doesn't mean they have a good offense though. At least in the first half we did not get many points out of the sets we were running. We got points by dumping the ball down to Devin or letting CMM go to work (sometimes with a screen to set him loose).

Our sets didn't work not because they were well defended but because they were seemingly designed to get the ball into weird players hands in weird positions. Right now our sets should be designed to make one of three things happen, 1. get Devin the ball down low, 2. get CMM into the lane moving towards the basket, or 3. get Travis the ball moving to the basket or with a mismatch he can exploit.

Saw too many sets in the first half that ended up with Rountree trying to make a play at the free throw line, or 8 passes around the perimeter with the ball ending up in Coron's hands without space to shoot.

Also your 3rd sentence is backwards. Mckie seemingly doesn't give 100 percent on most plays because he is misused (and has been for three years).

Your act is so tired.

Why would anybody on this board "adopt" Wake Forest hoops? We are all Wake Forest fans seeing as how we are posting on a Wake Forest athletics board.

Why would anybody on this board "adopt" Wake Forest hoops? We are all Wake Forest fans seeing as how we are posting on a Wake Forest athletics board.

My guess why this thread is titled what it is, is because BSD started an earlier thread titled "Adopting Duke" or somethin like that.

Back