• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Adrian Peterson Indicted for Child Abuse

His season is lost anyway. Court date is 12/1 and the Vikings aren't gonna be in the playoff hunt, plus the NFL will be issuing its own discipline after legal proceedings are finished (and possibly some discipline due to this latest weed infraction, though I'm not sure if they can. They probably can, since they pretty much make shit up as they go along). The only question is if he'll miss next season.

for weed or beating the shit out of his kid?

Man AP went from stud with no history of trouble to losing a full season in a hurry

If it's up to Goodell, prolly the former. He raised the threshold a little for a positive test, but the penalties are still there.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens to Peterson with the league if he's found not guilty. And given it took a 2nd grand jury to even get an indictment, I think a not guilty verdict is a real possibility.

At this point I'd say the chances that he used performance enhancing drugs are pretty good too.

If it's up to Goodell, prolly the former. He raised the threshold a little for a positive test, but the penalties are still there.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens to Peterson with the league if he's found not guilty. And given it took a 2nd grand jury to even get an indictment, I think a not guilty verdict is a real possibility.

Black dude who smoked weed and beat up his kid in Texas? He could get off scott free, or they might give him the chair. No real in between in Texas.

I expect AD to get something like parenting classes and supervised visitation, which is pretty standard for cases like this whether people agree with it or not. He is missing one season (15 games, technically) because of this. I would anticipate that the league would count "time served" as part of any suspension.

I don't know if they can add a failed drug test done outside the scope of the league's own testing policy or not. Frankly, I don't know why he can't be smoking weed right now anyway since he's inactive, but "player conduct" and "representing the NFL in a positive way" are very nebulous things. Shit, they just fined Kap $10k because his fucking headphones weren't officially sanctioned. The weed thing may bring additional penalties, or it may simply be something that runs concurrent with the other penalty.

Back