• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Adrian Peterson's 2 year old son dies...

I'm sorry -- was Peterson supposed to be with the child at his every waking moment? Was he supposed to assign a personal bodyguard for the 2 year old?

I'm assuming that Peterson was paying child support and taking financial responsibility for the kid.

I cannot believe you fucking clowns are turning news about a child being dead into somehow attacking the grieving father's commitment to said child. That is fucking abhorrent. What in the hell is wrong with old people?

I'm sorry -- was Peterson supposed to be with the child at his every waking moment? Was he supposed to assign a personal bodyguard for the 2 year old?

I'm assuming that Peterson was paying child support and taking financial responsibility for the kid.

I cannot believe you fucking clowns are turning news about a child being dead into somehow attacking the grieving father's commitment to said child. That is fucking abhorrent. What in the hell is wrong with old people?

He's black. They just need to go ahead and admit it.

This. So much this.

I suppose you chose to ignore the words: "as much as possible".

As for your condescending remark about "old people", there have been generations which have believed that humans are responsible for sexual conduct. That people should not copulate like animals and that marriage ought to precede such behavior. That has nothing to do with race. It has everything to do with being human. The fact that that sounds archaic to you I find extremely sad.

THis has nothing to do with the nuclear family and everything to do with a sick human being destroying the life of a helpless child.

Whoever said that this guy won't last but a couple of months in prison is right, especially if the prison is anywhere near a location where there might be Vikings/AP fans already locked up. Kid is going to need a lot of syrup and jelly. He will be begging for the death penalty by the time they are through with him.

I suppose you chose to ignore the words: "as much as possible".

As for your condescending remark about "old people", there have been generations which have believed that humans are responsible for sexual conduct. That people should not copulate like animals and that marriage ought to precede such behavior. That has nothing to do with race. It has everything to do with being human. The fact that that sounds archaic to you I find extremely sad.

I didn't bring up race.

And you are being passive-aggressively condescending talking about sex like it is some magical thing that only married people should do. Ignoring the fact that pre-marital sex happened quite often back when you were a teenager and in your 20s. Just because everyone liked to hide sex and not talk about it (out of fear it was the Candyman or some shit, I guess) doesn't mean it wasn't happening and that old people have some moral superiority over others.

The fact that you think the older generation does makes me extremely sad.

But this is about a poor child that lost his life at the hands of a monster. I'm done talking about the vile shit that you and bkf have posted on this thread trying to make yourselves feel like white knights.

bkf's first post is beyond terrible, however I don't think the conclusion that he was an absentee father is that far fetched, granted why would any of us care or be in a position to judge if he was.

This has everything to do with what "ought" to be and not with what "is".

Does the fact that evil people kill children almost every day in America make it acceptable? It ought not to happen. The fact that people of every generation practiced fornication does not make it right. It ought not to happen.

The dude said he was playing this weekend before the child even died.

Fuck AP.

If you don't have a child, you have no reason to respond.

Fuck AP.

this was my thought as well. mix that with having another 2 year old and a 1 year old and a picture is painted. What will be interesting is if his publicist gets to him and he sits out this weekend.

To be fair, Mebane was provoked into giving his two cents by another poster on what BKF brought up which had nothing to do with the thread at hand originally. That said, he's not making it easier on himself at the moment.

BKF is the only one who deserves the contempt on this thread, acting in his usual manner that derails threads: say something inflammatory, get defensive, randomly judge others by using a variety of names (entitled, pricks, spoiled, etc), puff his chest about his opinions which are ALWAYS right, and then disappear and/or delete posts.

RIP, child.

Fuck AP.

I think the timeline is still a bit murky - just because the announcement of the child's death came after AP flew back to Minnesota and announced he was playing doesn't *necessarily* mean such occurred in the same order.

That said, don't have a kid but totally agree with you if this is what happened.

Althought it's a horrific tragedy Peterson plans to play through in Sunday's game against Carolina. Peterson explained to reporters Friday that he uses sports to "release a lot of stress." -- Yahoo Sports

Seriously?

My 6 month old grandson spent several days in the hospital this week. My nerves are a bit raw regarding the preciousness of a child's life. But this child's life did not suddenly become precious when he was viciously abused. He deserved the protection of a father.

I think the timeline is still a bit murky - just because the announcement of the child's death came after AP flew back to Minnesota and announced he was playing doesn't *necessarily* mean such occurred in the same order.

That said, don't have a kid but totally agree with you if this is what happened.

Its friday, this happenned thursday night, no father can fathom playing football on Sunday regardless of the timeline.

My 6 month old grandson spent several days in the hospital this week. My nerves are a bit raw regarding the preciousness of a child's life. But this child's life did not suddenly become precious when he was viciously abused. He deserved the protection of a father.

For fuck's sake, quit while you're behind. Nuclear family dads take business trips, you know.

Apart from all the AP talk (because I know nothing about his situation) this is absolutely heart breaking. Today is my son's first birthday. I can't help but be emotional when I think about a "human" doing this to an innocent little boy. Thoughts to all of those grieving.

Back