• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Advice for soccer noobs

EPL fans, would you rather have your team win the regular season-league title, or one of the tournaments? I get confused trying to figure out which is more important. Or...are they all important?

Lots of supporters have lots of different opinions on which is more important... domestic league or Champions League.

I consider a season a success if Man United win their domestic league. League play in football is the most fair way to determine a champion in team sports and winning the top league in your country is an amazing accomplishment.

That said, if in 2015/16 Man United "only" won the Champions League and not the Premiership, I wouldn't cry. (can't win the CL this coming season because #MoyesThat)

Lemme ask you guys this... Where does HULK play? How do I root for them?

Zenit St. Petersburg. Seriously do not support them. Vile, racist club.

Their supporters have threatened to riot if the club signs players with skin that is too dark. They have seriously done that.

noob question:

I'm I wrong to Hate the Netherlands? Robbins and Kruhl annoy the crap out of me an their style seems intentionally boring.

Hating Robben is natural.

Hating Krul is a bit weird, but I get it after his mind games today.

Their style being boring is just laughable. Their 12 goals scored leads the entire tournament, and they have the 2nd most shots on target in this World Cup (France first, 7.2/game to 7.0/game)

Robben is a less talented and more theatrical Neymar; if that's even possible.

Both are amazingly talented, but Robben is more talented, IMO.

Both are annoyingly theatrical, but Robben is more theatrical as well, IMO.

Hulk plays for Zenit in the Russian Premier League

...and you don't root for them.

Ever.

alright how bout BVB DORTMUND?!

these guys might be my JAM!

are they racist?

FINALLY!!

anything else I should know about them before making this commitment?!

alright how bout BVB DORTMUND?!

these guys might be my JAM!

are they racist?

Great club with amazing support. Can't go wrong.

Borussia-Dortmund-yellow.jpg

You can't really watch them until next season.

Yes you can. I have the TWC sports package and I can't remember which channel showed Bundesliga games (I want to say it was BeIn or GolTV) but you could always see Dortmund and Bayern play live, in addition to the Friday night Bundesliga match (love this concept) and one or two other random Bundesliga games...unless that's changed for this year.

i'm afraid to ask why

i gotta figure out these soccer seasons/leagues/trophies

too many to keep track

It's basically the only major league that doesn't have a major tv deal in place. Fox Sports will start broadcasting the Bundesliga next year, 2015-2016. So this year you can basically only watch their Champion's League matches on tv. Their league matches you'd need to find online streams, which while not very difficult, is rather annoying.

Last edited:
ah that's cool, i'm not going to kill myself to watch every game even if it was on tv

unless i get HOOKED by my BOYS

dv7, keep your dirty paws off my BOYS HUMMELS and REUS!

#EUROSWAG

469528107-injured-marco-reus-of-dortmund-sits-on-the-bench-while.jpg

ah shit these dudes lost lewendoski?!

man, people are RAIDING my SQUAD

BVB picked up Adrian Ramos from Berlin who tied for 4th in goals scored last season. They'll be fine.

Great club, great fans, might have to do a bit of work to watch their games for now. Kinda of like finding a Wake basketball game on tv since we started sucking.

BVB have Klopp. They'll be just fine. That man is a genius.

Back