• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Aerial banner at football game

You're throwing good money after bad. Bzz leaves when Wellman decides it's his time. Wellman leaves when Wellman wants to leave. It's just that simple. But I'm at the final stage of grief, so knock yourselves out.

Does total apathy and numbness come after the final stage of grief? If so, I finished grieving.

This dude next to me in a training class is rocking a HUGE Mark Martin belt buckle. Should I inquire about race-worn suits?

You're throwing good money after bad. Bzz leaves when Wellman decides it's his time. Wellman leaves when Wellman wants to leave. It's just that simple. But I'm at the final stage of grief, so knock yourselves out.

That's certainly what will happen if no pressure is applied. It is, however, difficult to see how an athletic director can stay in office after he has lost most of the fans.

That's certainly what will happen if no pressure is applied. It is, however, difficult to see how an athletic director can stay in office after he has lost most of the fans.

Because he hasn't lost most of the money. Even the fans he's lost are still giving money.

That's certainly what will happen if no pressure is applied. It is, however, difficult to see how an athletic director can stay in office after he has lost most of the fans.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say that he has lost most of the fans. What you see on these boards could actually be just a vocal minority of the fans. I would contend that if you took a survey, most WF alumni would say that Ron Wellman has done 100 times more for WF than all the people on this board who are constantly trashing him. That's why he's still here and why, as Dirk said, he's going to continue to be here....even if the people on this board puts up billboards and flies banners until hell freezes over. These are only small, insignificant people who are just beating their chests to pump their own egos. They have no influence at all over whatever is ultimately going to happen. They are just venting their emotions. Nothing else to see here.

See: Politics board, The

That's certainly what will happen if no pressure is applied. It is, however, difficult to see how an athletic director can stay in office after he has lost most of the fans.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say that he has lost most of the fans. What you see on these boards could actually be just a vocal minority of the fans. I would contend that if you took a survey, most WF alumni would say that Ron Wellman has done 100 times more for WF than all the people on this board who are constantly trashing him. That's why he's still here and why, as Dirk said, he's going to continue to be here....even if the people on this board puts up billboards and flies banners until hell freezes over. These are only small, insignificant people who are just beating their chests to pump their own egos. They have no influence at all over whatever is ultimately going to happen. They are just venting their emotions. Nothing else to see here.

Pre-Buzz, I would agree Ron Wellman had nearly 100% support from fans. He has done a tremendous job in improving facilities and fundraising. However, his handling of the Buzz situation has just about everyone I have spoken to very upset. In addition, almost every supporter I have told about him hiring a criminal as his finance director wants Wellman gone. The best thing he has going for him is ignorance from the big donors. When the word gets out about his questionable ethics, I imagine most supporters will not be pleased. It's simply not acceptable for the Athletics Director to continually go against the Wake Honor Code.

In regards to egos, for me, this is about right and wrong. I am speculating but I imagine most of the others on here feel the same way.

I am displeased with the program, but I don't think that an aerial banner at a football game makes fiscal or logistical sense in getting what you want.

Final stage = bourbon

I am displeased with the program, but I don't think that an aerial banner at a football game makes fiscal or logistical sense in getting what you want.

Any other ideas?

I'm torn on the idea. I think it would help generate awareness, but at this point anybody who doesn't understand how bad things are across Wake sports is willfully ignorant and delusional. Wellman's got it set up so he is only accountable to a few people and he is isolated from the fanbase. There's no accountable leadership or press.

Public shaming is our best tool and it has been effective in drawing national awareness to the problems. The ad and Eamonn's articles have worked well.

So what more is there to do?

I don't think an aerial banner is going to get much press on a busy Saturday of football. We can't even count on Dan to publicize these efforts locally unless his professional hand is forced like at the ACCT.

Our performance on the court is shameful enough. The performance on the field might be. That's not working. He sticks with the same BS.

The only thing left is to directly influence those big donors. 27, you know how to do that?

He has done things for the university but he's clearly no longer up to the job. You don't fix problems by destroying programs, and then constantly dissembling to the fans about it.

This has nothing to do with my ego and everything to do with the future of Wake Forest.

Anybody changed their mind about the banner after tonight's performance?

Apparently, we shouldn't have to worry about shaming the players. Lobo's taken care of that issue.

A banner would at least distract Wake fans from the shitty product on the field. Even if only for a few minutes

I think it would be more effective flying it over the Joel at halftime of the Duke basketball game.

Back