• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

After 3 losing seasons, Wake’s [Redacted] thinks Deacs on rise

No where to go but up- but Bzz will find a way not to.

He never ceases to disappoint. :mad:

“I feel great,” he told the Winston-Salem Journal. “I do. I really, truly do. We’ve created the type of culture that we want without compromising our values. We now have talent and depth and, to be quite frank, it’s now time to win. It is. I’ve always felt the urgency. Let’s be honest. This is a results-driven business in a world that wants everything now. I understand that. It’s now time to head north.”

What a dumb idiom. At first glance, I thought head North meant leave.

How many games did we win by a narrow margin last year?

I would suspect about the same number as we lost. I'll call any game within six points "narrow" for the sake of this discussion since it's theoretically two possessions. I guess we could limit that further but it will work for the purposes of the talk.

Narrow wins (5): Mercer (3), William and Mary (6), Virginia (3), Boston College (3), N.C. State (2)

Narrow losses (7): Connecticut (6), Richmond (2), Seton Hall (4), Virginia Tech (1), Duke (5), Boston College (3), Georgia Tech (1)

If you narrow that down to one possession games, we won four of them and lost four of them. That's about what you would expect in my opinion.

Right. Bz is normal with respect to winning or losing close games. He's just really bad at keeping games close. 62% of ACC losses have been by 10+ points. 30% by 20+ points.

Right. Bz is normal with respect to winning or losing close games. He's just really bad at keeping games close. 62% of ACC losses have been by 10+ points. 30% by 20+ points.

Correct. As Cumberland said, good teams avoid close games and the opposite of that is also true: bad teams avoid close games. They just get blown out.

[Redacted]'s goal is the NIT. We all understand that...but just can't believe it.

[Redacted]'s goal is the NIT. We all understand that...but just can't believe it.

That's what [Redacted] does. Suck for multiple years. Build a team with loads of experienced seniors. Sneak into the NCAA tourney as a 10 seed. Lose first round. Start 4-5 year process over again. This is the Air Force model.

I have a great fear that we'll start the season like 12-1 and the levels of smug from Wellman and Bz will be intolerable.
I would enjoy the winning, BUT AT WHAT COST.

That's what [Redacted] does. Suck for multiple years. Build a team with loads of experienced seniors. Sneak into the NCAA tourney as a 10 seed. Lose first round. Start 4-5 year process over again. This is the Air Force model.

He didn't even build up the Air Force teams, he just inherited an experienced squad that was going to make the tournament anyway. He's only had two winning seasons in something like ten total years as a head college coach.

The thing is, most of those other 14 have had flashes of success and moments of accomplishment at some time. [Redacted]'s high points usually have more to do with the other team having a bad game than anything [Redacted] did/does.

says the same shit, coaches the same way, we win the same amount of games

That list is atrocious, but the point remains.

Why would anyone who knows anything about basketball put Leonard Hamilton on a worst coaches list? I get Barnes; I get Roy; I even get Donahue, although in all instances I would disagree, but Leonard Hamilton?

There are probably two or three coaches on that list I would have to even think about over [Redacted]. Only one where the answer would be definitively no (O'Neill).

Why would anyone who knows anything about basketball put Leonard Hamilton on a worst coaches list? I get Barnes; I get Roy; I even get Donahue, although in all instances I would disagree, but Leonard Hamilton?

There are probably two or three coaches on that list I would have to even think about over [Redacted]. Only one where the answer would be definitively no (O'Neill).

Roy has been to seven Final Fours and won two national titles. I think it's nothing short of ridiculous that he is anywhere near this list.

I have a great fear that we'll start the season like 12-1 and the levels of smug from Wellman and Bz will be intolerable.
I would enjoy the winning, BUT AT WHAT COST.

That is the classic Clemson model schedule. Load up on cream puffs in the non conference and then hope to go 6-10 in ACC play to steal a postseason berth somewhere.

Back