• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

After Looking at the tape of the game again....

Fusiondad10

Reaction score
I am still very disappointed that we lost....but more confounded at how we did it. Duke was clearly not the better team, or even better coached. But their team had the fire, and the belief, to make the key plays to win the game.

I'm not very impressed with us this season. We have excellent talent at a number of key positions ( QB, RB, DB, LB, NG ) and we have nice potential at other positions ( WR, OL, DL, K )..... YET, as a team we are a haphazard, sloppy, unfocused bunch. Our coaches seem to be stuck without answers for getting the team ready to play each game, and seem like a dull group going through the motions with little commitment to excellence anymore. It's not the Wake Forest of the early Grobe years.

I wish our fans were smarter. We should be putting more pressure on the situation, and less mindless, hopeful "what-iffing". Anybody who's watched us this year so far has no real reason to think anything good is happening right now. And frankly, we should be mad about it. Our vast majority appreciate what the Grobe era has done for Wake Forest. There's no reason to think it couldn't continue. Except one. It hasn't. The question is why. Or more importantly, what is being done about it. If we accept the LOWF mentality again, from our AD, our Coaches, or our players, shame on us.

I'm wondering why you needed to see it twice to know all that. Or how you could bring yourself to do it. I felt like watching it once was plenty.

i seriously think you are overvaluing our supposed talent. did you hack lectro's account?

4 turnovers (3 that really mattered) to 1

Yeah like I said yesterday, both these teams are bad to mediocre. I doubt either makes a bowl.

Yeah like I said yesterday, both these teams are bad to mediocre. I doubt either makes a bowl.

I think Duke has a good shot at a bowl. They've got a decent team this year and they only need 2 more wins. Ga Tech got killed by Middle Tenn yesterday, UVa is not real good, nor is UNC, heck even Va Tech looks very average this year. Not saying Duke is good, but getting 2 more wins looks very attainable to me.

I think Duke has a good shot at a bowl. They've got a decent team this year and they only need 2 more wins. Ga Tech got killed by Middle Tenn yesterday, UVa is not real good, nor is UNC, heck even Va Tech looks very average this year. Not saying Duke is good, but getting 2 more wins looks very attainable to me.

Yeah. The league is very bad this year. Heck, Duke could contend in the Coastal.

Was talking to Cumberland about his power rankings for tomorrow on BSD and couldn't decide if Wake or BC should be last. He said he thinks GT might be. I think the bottom half of the conference of: Wake, Duke, GT, Maryland, BC and UVA are all extremely mediocre to bad/mediocre. State is probably close to this grouping. Miami is looking good to win the Coastal but I wouldn't be surprised if VPI goes 9-3 and wins the Coastal at 7-1. The thing is that with the conference so mediocre anyone could make a bowl. There are a cluster of teams that aren't good, but none of the teams are really that bad. Wake is probably the worst team in the conference.

I'm wondering why you needed to see it twice to know all that. Or how you could bring yourself to do it. I felt like watching it once was plenty.

I was working and DVR'd the game......only saw the last 4-5 minutes live. Shouldn't have used the word "again" in the thread title. After watching the entire game replay the losing was just a bad strange feeling. A game like that is how losing teams play, and for the most part that's how we've played this year.

Was talking to Cumberland about his power rankings for tomorrow on BSD and couldn't decide if Wake or BC should be last. He said he thinks GT might be. I think the bottom half of the conference of: Wake, Duke, GT, Maryland, BC and UVA are all extremely mediocre to bad/mediocre. State is probably close to this grouping. Miami is looking good to win the Coastal but I wouldn't be surprised if VPI goes 9-3 and wins the Coastal at 7-1. The thing is that with the conference so mediocre anyone could make a bowl. There are a cluster of teams that aren't good, but none of the teams are really that bad. Wake is probably the worst team in the conference.

We aren't good, but we aren't the worst. Come on man, Boston College...

BC has a heck of an offense I am scared of them.

Duke was clearly not the better team, or even better coached. But their team had the fire, and the belief, to make the key plays to win the game.

Is this not coaching? Our coaching has no fire no agression and not much pride and we play like it.

Again, I said we suck before it was cool to say we suck. Kiss my converse! WHO'S THA MASTAH?

Take away that OR the two 3rd and long conversions and we win this game going away. Totally self-inflicted loss.

That is the point. We gave up huge plays on 3rd down and the bad thing is there was not a defender near the ball. What kind of defense are we playing? With a defense this bad, the conservative nature of Grobe just won't work. Keeping it close just means that our defense will probably lose the game for us.With Camp out we are the worst team in the league. Another win is not a given at this point.

That is the point. We gave up huge plays on 3rd down and the bad thing is there was not a defender near the ball. What kind of defense are we playing? With a defense this bad, the conservative nature of Grobe just won't work. Keeping it close just means that our defense will probably lose the game for us.With Camp out we are the worst team in the league. Another win is not a given at this point.

That probably disappointed me more then the turnovers, how do you give up 2 3rd and very longs? In fact, I think on Duke's first 2 touchdown drives, we gave up a 3rd and very long on both. There is no excuse for that, give a 10 or 15 yard completion, but you can't allow them to convert a 3rd and 26, and a 3rd and 20!!!!

I am still very disappointed that we lost....but more confounded at how we did it. Duke was clearly not the better team, or even better coached. But their team had the fire, and the belief, to make the key plays to win the game.

I'm not very impressed with us this season. We have excellent talent at a number of key positions ( QB, RB, DB, LB, NG ) and we have nice potential at other positions ( WR, OL, DL, K )..... YET, as a team we are a haphazard, sloppy, unfocused bunch. Our coaches seem to be stuck without answers for getting the team ready to play each game, and seem like a dull group going through the motions with little commitment to excellence anymore. It's not the Wake Forest of the early Grobe years.

I wish our fans were smarter. We should be putting more pressure on the situation, and less mindless, hopeful "what-iffing". Anybody who's watched us this year so far has no real reason to think anything good is happening right now. And frankly, we should be mad about it. Our vast majority appreciate what the Grobe era has done for Wake Forest. There's no reason to think it couldn't continue. Except one. It hasn't. The question is why. Or more importantly, what is being done about it. If we accept the LOWF mentality again, from our AD, our Coaches, or our players, shame on us.

The LB corps as a whole is a steaming pile of shit. Slow and can't tackle anyone. They consistently bounce off ball carriers because of poor technique. This team doesn't have the personnel to run a 3-4 but sadly nor does it have enough DTs to run a standard 4-3.

There were some elements of this game that reminded me of the loss to Miami at home in '09 (and not just the rain). That was another game that should have been a win but we gave up some plays on 3rd/4th and long and had at least one awful turnover (I remember Devon Brown fumbling a punt deep inside our own territory that they turned into a TD).

If we're going to improve significantly with the roster we have, we've got to cut down on the mistakes. Our margin for error is really small, and we went way over it on Saturday and paid the price.

The LB corps as a whole is a steaming pile of shit. Slow and can't tackle anyone. They consistently bounce off ball carriers because of poor technique. This team doesn't have the personnel to run a 3-4 but sadly nor does it have enough DTs to run a standard 4-3.

What I wouldn't give for a Boo Robinson to line up and play beside Nikita (i.e. John Russell) in a 4-3. With Hazime and Redding on the outside, we'd be in business.

Back