• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

After Looking at the tape of the game again....

The LB corps as a whole is a steaming pile of shit. Slow and can't tackle anyone. They consistently bounce off ball carriers because of poor technique. This team doesn't have the personnel to run a 3-4 but sadly nor does it have enough DTs to run a standard 4-3.

Yeah, that's because we move any real (size-wise) defensive tackles to offensive line because evidently we're not recruiting well enough on that side of the ball.

What I wouldn't give for a Boo Robinson to line up and play beside Nikita (i.e. John Russell) in a 4-3. With Hazime and Redding on the outside, we'd be in business.

I like Redding and Hazime at the ends, those guys are the right size for d-ends at this level and can move. I hate to say it, but with Nikita banged up and subpar linebacker play, the middle of our defense is very weak. To me, the coaches decided to try to field a small, supposedly athletic defense and see if it could work with some wrinkles to try to cover up that lack of size and so far it hasn't worked. We need to get bigger and stronger up front on both sides of the ball. I like Tyler Harris, I think he's got the frame to get up to 280+ and be good in the middle, but it's a crying shame the kid is having to play this year, when he could be redshirting and learn and bulk up and have 4 years of eligibility left.

Back