• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ah I think this is the offense I would have been using all year

Agreed Grobe wants to return to a run first offense but we don't have the personel no big tight ends no great running backs no great offensive linemen finally woke up and used price and camp like they should. Looks like we have gone to mostly slot backs at all the receiving slots I like it - small but very fast Orville camp Armstrong Harris Ragland Not a bad group Use them !

A buddy texted me there was a rumor Elrod called the plays yesterday.

Really surprised that we were able to win by two touchdowns because statistically this game was a draw.

First downs: Wake 23 NCSU 21
Total Yards: Wake 382 NCSU 372
Rushing Yards: Wake 114 NCSU 115
Passing Yards: Wake 268 NCSU 257

I believe the rumor regarding Elrod as I heard from someone who sits near the coaches box that Lobo was spotted with a ps3 controller in his hand during key play calls.

Tanners comments in the post game were telling. It is an absolute shame we gave away two games due to incompetence of the coaching staff. Our d is good. Clemson is intimidating and good. Other than that they have been good.

Clem fsu and Miami are all top 10. This was not a year that we were going to be able to steal a game and compete for the title. We could have been in a bowl game however which is now unlikely.

Grobe is stubborn as hell and it is his Achilles. The Elrod thing makes complete sense and is three years late. Jim has figured out how to compete at wake. The formula is right for us but the results could have been so much better over the years if his play calling and in game management were better.

If Lobo were worth a damn, he'd have a head job and Elrod would have started calling plays a long time ago.

Elrod calling plays is huge news. Has anyone other than Lobo called a game since Lobo became OC? Maybe Grobe's stubbornness is beginning to crack. Or is that wishful thinking.

I think Elrod has called the passing plays all year. That was the indication from the radio show a week or two ago.

This team needs to set up the run via the pass.

EXACTLY. Get the safety out of the box and get the LBs to drop 15 yds down field. At BC, it seemed as if the LBs were standing on the DL heels. When the LBs drop that deep, running lanes open for Tanner to run for 1st downs. They must have seen some film from '11 becuase that's what it looked like.

Last edited:
Earlier in the year somebody said that Elrod calls a pass and Lobo calls a run every play, then Grobe picks which one he wants to use. I don't know if it's true or not, and it may have even come from in-game commentary, but it's interesting.

Really surprised that we were able to win by two touchdowns because statistically this game was a draw.

First downs: Wake 23 NCSU 21
Total Yards: Wake 382 NCSU 372
Rushing Yards: Wake 114 NCSU 115
Passing Yards: Wake 268 NCSU 257

Time of Possession NCSU 28:32 Wake 31:28
Penalty Number-Yards: NCSU 8-74 Wake 8-52

Surprised to see how close the penalty stats were, seemed like every time NCSU was able to make a decent play they had dumb ass penalties. Also, what the hell was doeren thinking... NCSU offense actually had some success when running the hurry up.

Earlier in the year somebody said that Elrod calls a pass and Lobo calls a run every play, then Grobe picks which one he wants to use. I don't know if it's true or not, and it may have even come from in-game commentary, but it's interesting.

no way this is true unless grobe has a button he presses because we know he doesnt talk/coach during the game

I think Elrod has called the passing plays all year. That was the indication from the radio show a week or two ago.

Oh yeah, that's right. But I guess him going fulltime is still a development.

The way they were doing it before is odd anyway. A playcaller needs to establish a rhythm. He might be setting up a pass with a run or vice versa. Hope Elrod grabs and keeps the reins.

no way this is true unless grobe has a button he presses because we know he doesnt talk/coach during the game

There was a crucial 3rd down yesterday where Grobe didn't even have his headset on.

Coach our non existant RB/FB/TE dimension o the running game in practice.

Then what the hell does Lobo do for a living....

I don't care if Lobo serves as the towel boy, as long as he doesn't call plays. If the difference was Elrod calling plays and not Lobo then, Lobo shouldn't even be given a headset any more.

Back