• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Air Banner Message

Have you heard back that the athletic department really is concerned? What is all this about arresting people wearing a sandwich board- that has to be a joke, right? As far as I know no one's talked about doing anything like that anyway.

We were warned not to do this by someone in the athletic dept. They have discussed the possibility of this happening and will arrest anyone who does it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Well they're certainly not going to arrest anybody for doing it, they may ask people to leave who would do it. But above all I can't imagine someone would actually do this who is a Wake fan. If Wake arrests somebody for wearing a sign they would just be signing their death warrant in the media. If there's one thing the media loves to underscore it's freedom of speech.

We were warned not to do this by someone in the athletic dept. They have discussed the possibility of this happening and will arrest anyone who does it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Arrest you? This is basically what RSF and I did at a basketball game (held up a sign), and they just kicked us out. On what grounds could they arrest you for wearing a sandwich board?

Well they're certainly not going to arrest anybody for doing it, they may ask people to leave who would do it. But above all I can't imagine someone would actually do this who is a Wake fan. If Wake arrests somebody for wearing a sign they would just be signing their death warrant in the media. If there's one thing the media loves to underscore it's freedom of speech.
Imagine 20 fans show up wearing t-shirts that say "Fire Wellman". Imagine the pr disaster if they kicked out 20 fans.

If people ever do anything like that they need to make sure there's someone with them who videos their removal.

Arrest you? This is basically what RSF and I did at a basketball game (held up a sign), and they just kicked us out. On what grounds could they arrest you for wearing a sandwich board?

They told me that if people were "picketing" they could arrest you because you needed a permit to do so on private property.

Last edited:
I'm all of 10 posts into the thread on this on the other board. So far a Bible verse and a little light racism. Seems about right.

#ScorchedEarthIN

I'll be there next week. Only for the banner. Not to see the pathetic product on the field.

#ScorchedEarthIN

I'll be there next week. Only for the banner. Not to see the pathetic product on the field.

Come drink with us in Senior Services. Will have a "banner party". lol

I'm all of 10 posts into the thread on this on the other board. So far a Bible verse and a little light racism. Seems about right.

Holy hell. I went over there to take a look for the first time in months - there are some deranged posters hanging on to some alternate reality.

Back