• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Airport Bars

Yeah. I was going to add that babes love to talk in airport bars but i didn't want to hog all of the things that are great about airport bars.

Yeah. I was going to add that babes love to talk in airport bars but i didn't want to hog all of the things that are great about airport bars.

Very true. Once I was flying to see my fiance and this girl was chatting me up. Finally asked me where I was going and I said to see my fiance. Her response "Damn it, it is not fair. Guys should have to wear engagement rings too." She then ceased talking to me.

I mean... It's going to be a really tight connection and I'm sort of hoping I miss it. We are sitting on the Tarmac "waiting for a gate".

They had to hold up a flight for my father and me at LHR a couple of years ago because we were both schwasty face at the bar.

My wife and I were flying from Tokyo to EWR, and when we got to Narita, we realized our flight was delayed by four hours, so we had about six hours to kill. Since we were flying business class, we went to the Continental Lounge, and discovered the bar was free and self service for liquor, wine, draft beer and snacks. After six hours of pounding drafts, I fell asleep shortly after takeoff and woke up somewhere over Wisconsin. That is the only way to fly...;)

Airport bars make flying tolerable. What sucks is tying one on longer than intended (perhaps due to conversation with a hot chick or having an enlightening conversation with a world traveler that parties, like Rubbins, etc) then hustling to the plane without a bathroom break, thinking "I'll hit it once we get in the air." Wrong Answer. You will be delayed on the tarmac or then taxi for a min of 1.5 hours. Guaranteed. One way or another you will end up stuck in your seat, seatbelt sign on, with bladder bursting misery and the fear that getting up to pee will result in a federal felony charge or a riot of 200 other passengers. My tip: hit the airplane head as soon as you get in the plane. As stated previously, this move is only for when you cant make a pit stop before boarding. Once onboard, they will put up a little fuss, because again, this move is intended for last minute no pisser boarding when you barely make the door and they are all staring at you. But they will let you pee. Plane is already loaded anyway so you're fucked on overhead bins- if you needed that- and the bonus is that you've avoided the lines and donkeys and you're seat is open and waiting. I wish this situation on nobody, not even moonz. And it can be avoided with the slightest of planning. But if you ever find yourself in that unfortunate situation, hit the airplane head as soon as the stewardess says "you barely made it" and you will save yourself much misery and a toe curling game of chicken with your bladder.

Last edited:
Great advice.

Used to fly from Louisville to CLT very frequently (20/yr). SDF is pretty small, and for my uses, very well arranged. You can see from the bar to the gate where the evening CLT flights depart. You can literally ask for the check as they board zone 4 and make the flight.

The babes are also always chatty at the airport bar. The best was one time in Tampa (of course) this chick was handing out Xanex like candy. Awesome flight.

This is the truth. Got stuck in JFK before travelling to LAX and then Australia. Had to spend the night in the hotel but luckily met a very friendly girl in a similar situation. Something about airports.

Chicks love airport bars because they have no fear of getting taken to poundtown, so they can just chat it up with you and there's no repercussions.

She's headed to Seattle, you're going to NOLA. She'll never see you again.

Oh and the Sweetwater bar at Hartsfield is GLORIOUS

Back