• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

AL Qaeda hits shopping mall in Kenya.

60 people killed and nearly 150 injured. This type of attack horrifies me. I have always thought that this would be the next type of attack AQ would try to pull off here.

Amazing how quickly how Israel was able to get their special forces all the way to Kenya.

Not to rational people it isn't. When a country has a single sphere of defense and has been in a state of war for 60 years, it's not at all surprising.

When you have a 100% national draft and a 4 hour flight, it also makes it easier.

Rational, non-obsessive haters understand these realities.

Not to rational people it isn't. When a country has a single sphere of defense and has been in a state of war for 60 years, it's not at all surprising.

When you have a 100% national draft and a 4 hour flight, it also makes it easier.

Not sure what any of that speech means but you think the "World's Only Super Power?" could make a 2 hour flight.

So to review, Israel can transition continents in four hours, but Americans can't get from Tripoli to Benghazi in six.

RJKarl, y'all.

Our "official" special forces team was in Croatia and was told to sit. To actually believe those are the only special forces that the US has in the Middle East is just naïve. RJ just can't bring himself to admit that his hero dropped the ball that night in Libya. We couldn't go in (most likely to keep a lid on all of the illegal?/embarrassing activities we were running out of there). RJ is not dumb. He knows what happened. He just doesn't want to admit it. (Now cue the W Iraq/WMD/torture diversion)

They were told to sit because, we had no way to get them back to their base after the operation. The commander of our base in Italy said and what the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff testified this to Congress.

My bad! Obama is to blame for everything from the London Fire to the call that cost Wake the game vs. Carwohina in G'boro in Mike's world.

By the way, Israel and Kenya have a mutual defense agreement. They have worked together on attacks multiple times in the past.

These teams are ready to leave at a moment's notice. As usual Mike doesn't know what the story is. Therefore it's all Obama's fault.

Amazing how quickly how Israel was able to get their special forces all the way to Kenya.

Amazing how quickly you've taken a tragedy and turned it into another of your worthless political threads.

SND, I totally agree. I'm honestly shocked it hasn't happened yet.

And because of the crazy concealed carry laws, many innocent people could die in the crossfire if this would happen in the US.

It would be GREAT if Simon, Debartolo and other mall owners would join with Starbucks and make their malls gun free zones. Malls are private property. They have every right to set rules for conduct in them.

Our "official" special forces team was in Croatia and was told to sit. To actually believe those are the only special forces that the US has in the Middle East is just naïve. RJ just can't bring himself to admit that his hero dropped the ball that night in Libya. We couldn't go in (most likely to keep a lid on all of the illegal?/embarrassing activities we were running out of there). RJ is not dumb. He knows what happened. He just doesn't want to admit it. (Now cue the W Iraq/WMD/torture diversion)

Bolded is incorrect.

And because of the crazy concealed carry laws, many innocent people could die in the crossfire if this would happen in the US.

It would be GREAT if Simon, Debartolo and other mall owners would join with Starbucks and make their malls gun free zones. Malls are private property. They have every right to set rules for conduct in them.

Seriously? Regardless of your thoughts on concealed carry, a coordinated attack in which completely unopposed terrorists waded into an unarmed group of shoppers and killed 60 people and wounded 175 more seems a really strange place to champion the merits of being a target in a shooting gallery rather than the "innocent victim" of a crossfire.

Please tell me how many more victims we could have expected if someone had started shooting back. I'm interested to know.

You don't think there would be innocent people killed if there was a crossfire?

There's no reason to think the AQ gunners wouldn't have kept shooting. Their mission was to kill as many as possible.

Last edited:

Yeah, if the owners of the Kenyan mall had made theirs a gun free zone, none of this would have happened.

I was just coming on here to bitch at mike and jhmd about trying to score a political point off this tragedy, only to see that someone moronically referenced the gun debate on this thread as well.

Idiots on both sides of this one.

:wtftard:

Yeah, if the owners of the Kenyan mall had made theirs a gun free zone, none of this would have happened.

What the are you talking about? I never said any such thing. Earlier complained about me trying to put words in your mouth. Now you are doing it.

Back