• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

All-ACC Teams: Devin Thomas Makes All-Freshman; CJ Snubbed

@WFCoachBuzz
Congratulations to @cjharris11 @Devin_Thomas2 & Travis on earning All ACC honors.

#participationribbons

Thomas was voted All ACC. No reason to delegitimize his honor by trying to sneak in CJ and Travis. No offense to CJ and Travis but they weren't voted all ACC. That is reality. Honorable mention is not on the team. It means you were close, but no cigar.

Ok... Media says we have one HM player and one of the better freshman players for next year. How does this translate into more than 15 wins next year?

Ok... Media says we have one HM player and one of the better freshman players for next year. How does this translate into more than 15 wins next year?

add a heavy dose of shaka.

I posted an analysis of CJ's ACC games on another thread and that was revealing. Half of CJ's games were either good to great or bad to terrible. In half of the ACC games he shot 33% or less with an average for those game of 28%. In the other half of the games he shot an average of 56%. So if you watched our games you had a 50% chance of seeing a good game or a bad game. If you watched over the course of the season you'd see he was not consistent.

Not sure how the other 3rd team guys did relative to that, but I think the writers would penalize him for being a senior and being so up and down.

Justin Gray was 4th in the ACC in scoring and Big E was high in scoring and rebounds and led in FG% when they made All-ACC from the last place team. 15.3 ppg doesn't cut it.

Paige making All-Frosh is the biggest joke of all. He plays no D. He shoots under 33% from two and three and only averages 4.6 apg.

the fact that I have never heard of this Paige guy must show my complete apathy toward ACC basketball given the BZZ/wake situation. Or maybe he is not good.

the fact that I have never heard of this Paige guy must show my complete apathy toward ACC basketball given the BZZ/wake situation. Or maybe he is not good.

He's Carolina's point guard. As far as Carolina PGs go, no, he's not good.

Paige was a very highly ranked recruit. I haven't been very impressed; but then a starting freshman PG has a huge learning curve.

I grew up worshipping the ACC players and coaches of the 70's. In the 80's I could name every player on every team and the hometowns of most. I was there when Chill made The Shot. Over the past 20 years, I don't know how I would have survived the winter months without ACC basketball.

I don't know what school Joe Harris plays for and I couldn't identify Howell or Green in a lineup.

Whether its one-and-doners, expansion, or the Bzz effect, it is pitiful how little I care these days.

Am I alone?

It's definitely not what it used to be. I think the constantly changing rosters with one-and-doners does diminish rivalries and thus fan interest.

I grew up worshipping the ACC players and coaches of the 70's. In the 80's I could name every player on every team and the hometowns of most. I was there when Chill made The Shot. Over the past 20 years, I don't know how I would have survived the winter months without ACC basketball.

I don't know what school Joe Harris plays for and I couldn't identify Howell or Green in a lineup.

Whether its one-and-doners, expansion, or the Bzz effect, it is pitiful how little I care these days.

Am I alone?

It is funny that you mentioned the one-and-doners but then named two seniors and a junior. I do agree with you though, ACC bball has been diminished a bit imo too.

Am I alone?

Oh I know what you mean. Your first paragraph applies to me 100%, except for the part of attending the 95 ACCT. Another possible explanation for waning interest is simply getting older and moving on to other things. I've had a personal resurgence of interest this season so I know who the all-acc guys are but that hasn't been the case over the past few years.

If the ACC can gain some stability over the next decade we could have a new basketball renaissance. Lets just dream a bit and assume Wake fires Bz and returns to its place on the national stage as an NCAA tournament contender (by contender I mean we have a great chance to make the tournament every year with a top 5-6 seed every couple of years or so. Gottfried seems to be turning NC State back around. Laranaga (sp?) has got Miami on the right track. Look at the lineup of teams in the ACC.

Duke
UNC
NC State
Wake Forest
Miami
Syracuse
Louisville
Pittsburgh
Notre Dame

And that doesn't even include other traditionally solid programs like Virginia, Georgia Tech, and even Florida State to a certain extent. We are on the cusp of greatness as a basketball conference. Wake needs to hurry up and or we are going to be left behind in a trail of dust. We need to make a move now. If we don't we are in big trouble.

Cusp of greatness depends heavily on UNC, Duke, and Syracuse's next hires. I do think that a great hire now would potentially allow us to capitalize when these programs transition to new coaches and maybe out of the top of the conference.

Cusp of greatness depends heavily on UNC, Duke, and Syracuse's next hires. I do think that a great hire now would potentially allow us to capitalize when these programs transition to new coaches and maybe out of the top of the conference.

Meh. Dean set Gut up for a Final Four run. Gut kind of left a gap in the recruiting, but Doherty brought in Felton and May and McCants. As bad as everyone says Doherty was, he basically set up Williams for his first championship by recruiting the players who won the national championship when we had one of our best teams ever.

What remains to be seen is if Duke can transition smoothly from Coach K. None of his proteges have been particularly successful at other schools, but maybe they can be at Duke.

Back