• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

What makes you think I'm not in a mental facility right now ?

He did and so did the source. No number was given but the source is real, is tier one as defined here, and, to my knowledge, isn’t covering for anyone.

If no number was given, there's nothing to confirm. The number could have been $15 million instead of $18 million because of one year's salary paid out. Or it could have been $7.5 million, because the source was already projecting what Wake would offer to settle things.

Just a dumb never-ending interwebs argument that isn't winnable.

It makes sense that a pier one source would be embarrassed by somebody leaking the terms of one of the worst contracts in college basketball history and would have a stake in discrediting the report.

How exactly are we confirming the legitimacy of a source via text message?

How exactly are we confirming the legitimacy of a source via text message?

Obviously we need to contact the source and let him know that RJ is using his passing comments to try to win an internet war.

I'd point out that you can change the name of someone on a text string after the fact, but obvously RJ's too stupid to know how to do that.

It makes sense that a pier one source would be embarrassed by somebody leaking the terms of one of the worst contracts in college basketball history and would have a stake in discrediting the report.

So, when are you leaving?

As usual, you will come up with a lame excuse. Of course, you think, one can post private source material on the internet and keep those sources.

But thanks for proving my point, that even with 1st hand, visual knowledge and confirmation that the Tier Source exists and that the Goodman was and is BS, you and your brethren will NEVER live up to your promises for perma-ban or to even to admit the source exists and you were totally full of shit.

Not a single one of the assholes will apologize for all the insults and name calling towards me about this.

Obviously we need to contact the source and let him know that RJ is using his passing comments to try to win an internet war.

I'd point out that you can change the name of someone on a text string after the fact, but obvously RJ's too stupid to know how to do that.

Ok, so for fun, I just spent 5-10 minutes on the internet armed with nothing but the public info RJ has shared here on the boards, and I now have his full name, address, phone number, birthday, the "books" he's written, his job history, the year he graduated Wake and our mutual friends on FB, among other things. My money is still on the text "source" being a long play by another boards poster given how much info is out there to establish trust. Given his age, he's right in that gullible range of folks that fall for phone scams.

Last edited:
So, when are you leaving?

As usual, you will come up with a lame excuse. Of course, you think, one can post private source material on the internet and keep those sources.

But thanks for proving my point, that even with 1st hand, visual knowledge and confirmation that the Tier Source exists and that the Goodman was and is BS, you and your brethren will NEVER live up to your promises for perma-ban or to even to admit the source exists and you were totally full of shit.

Not a single one of the assholes will apologize for all the insults and name calling towards me about this.

RJ, you haven't proved anything. It's pretty sad that you think that you have. Again, I have no doubt that you have communicated with a pier one source who disagrees with Goodman's report. I'll believe Goodman's reporting over your sources lack of any substantiation, though.

RJ, you haven't proved anything. It's pretty sad that you think that you have. Again, I have no doubt that you have communicated with a pier one source who disagrees with Goodman's report. I'll believe Goodman's reporting over your sources lack of any substantiation, though.

You are pathetic and more predictable than the tides. You asked for someone who has seen to confirm. It happened.

You believe Goodman over someone who has actually SEEN the contract.

Once again, you are proving what totally dishonest joke you are.

RJ, again you haven't proven anything beyond the fact that somebody disagrees with his reporting. Goodman's report has numbers. All you have is somebody saying that his numbers are incorrect. If you recall, then the original issue was whether or not we had guaranteed a six year contract and if the buyout stood at $18 million. Neither fact has been undercut by anything that your source has said. If your source is disagreeing because the buyout is, say, $17.8 million, then that's pretty stupid. If your source is disagreeing with the report because there wasn't a contract guarantee or the reported buyout amount was substantially lower than the numbers reported by Goodman, then that's another story. Based on PMs with 1976Deac, you don't appear to have any evidence of this. In a he said/she said evidence scenario, I'll take Goodman over RJKarl every time. He's a dick, but a well-connected one who has lasted in the industry because he's good at what he does.

If no number was given, there's nothing to confirm. The number could have been $15 million instead of $18 million because of one year's salary paid out. Or it could have been $7.5 million, because the source was already projecting what Wake would offer to settle things.

Just a dumb never-ending interwebs argument that isn't winnable.

The number was said to a “fabrication.” RJ has been around Wake sports for 5 decades. It isn’t unreasonable that someone well connected knows him well.

The number was said to a “fabrication.” RJ has been around Wake sports for 5 decades. It isn’t unreasonable that someone well connected knows him well.

I, and many posters here, know a TON of well connected people around Wake sports, from donors to coaches to AD employees. That's quite a bit different from being given inside info from someone who has laid eyes on Manning's contract, as RJ claims.

RJ, quick question: Same source or different source from your "Hatch fucked Shaka" info during a previous coaching search?

I, and many posters here, know a TON of well connected people around Wake sports, from donors to coaches to AD employees. That's quite a bit different from being given inside info from someone who has laid eyes on Manning's contract, as RJ claims.

The Tier One as defined here would mean the person has seen the contract as they would have been approached about funding any buyout.

Once again another ignorant asshole can't admit he's totally full of shit.

The Tier One as defined here would mean the person has seen the contract as they would have been approached about funding any buyout.

Ok, that's a short list and Wake fandom is a small network. This shouldn't be hard to verify. Please answer the question above about Shaka...was that from the same Tier One source or another Pier 1 source?

A lot of posters here think they are insiders. This particular source very likely saw the contract. I obviously can’t confirm that, but it would seem quite likely that they did.

Back