• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

There has been one positive thing that has happened. I hope I'm not dooming him to board purgatory or hell. But this event has gotten Sig to reach out and generously help us make peace.

If Sig can be serious about it, why not you? He understands that we will disagree a lot, but that's OK.

This could happen with almost everyone, but many simply will never be interested or follow through. They will blame me which is fine. The board could be much more fun and much more peaceful, but some don't want that to happen.

My issue is ONLY unreadable msg boards. I also don't understand why it's so important to own the "other side." Just move on. I don't care if people ban themselves or lose a bet and get banned. I would rather the antagonist posting stop (I'm guilty of it against people of a certain political viewpoint) . It sucks to wade through every damn minute.

More voices are good. Happy to have differing views and wacky boards characters. Live and let live, water off a ducks back and all that. I'd prefer none of y'all leave. I am just tired of every thread devolving into shit arguments.

I guess I'll leave too, then. Enjoy RJ, y'all! It's been real, OGBoards.

Just a head's up - it's pretty fucked up that the post where RJ called me a kapo is still up. If y'all want Jewish posters to feel even slightly valued from here on out, I would recommend deleting that and not tolerating that type of rhetoric in the future.

Strick & Townie (& Others who are leaving):

would y'all be down with another board (or a Discord or something?)

Just a head's up - it's pretty fucked up that the post where RJ called me a kapo is still up. If y'all want Jewish posters to feel even slightly valued from here on out, I would recommend deleting that and not tolerating that type of rhetoric in the future.

Give me a link I'll take it down.

thanks for all the continued work on recruiting! its way more than RJ will ever be able to contribute to anything involving wake basketball. Id follow a recruiting ticker if you had one...its about the only useful information coming off these boards anyways

Not 70 yet. But I love Stan's post. I have no life, yet the stories about my life can't be true.

But how sad are the lives of people who's board personas are based on a foundation of attacking, insulting, name calling and more someone who may be twice their age, whom they will never meet, yet are certain who I am.

A serious question is how come the people who know me, have talked with me, have corresponded with me have such diametrically opposite opinions of me than Strick, Townie, Kory. Biff, Racer, whoever the fuck Dan is and others?

Not 70 yet. But I love Stan's post. I have no life, yet the stories about my life can't be true.

But how sad are the lives of people who's board personas are based on a foundation of attacking, insulting, name calling and more someone who may be twice their age, whom they will never meet, yet are certain who I am.

A serious question is how come the people who know me, have talked with me, have corresponded with me have such diametrically opposite opinions of me than Strick, Townie, Kory. Biff, Racer, whoever the fuck Dan is and others?

my answer is you probably arent as much of a douche as you come off as on these boards. that wouldnt be tough to accomplish

1) rj is nicer in real life so I have no idea why he posts the way he does
2) the board would be much more readable if rj and the rj haters didn't pick fights with each other all the time
3) rj will not stop posting the way he does, and there is a group of people that is highly entertained by poking him and getting a reaction, and they will not stop doing that either.
4) rj said something REAL messed up to Strick but it was buried on a thread on the political board so it didn't get a lot of attention. The mods really should've done a temporary ban for it and it's real fucked up that they didn't.
5) Townie and Strick bring way, way, way more to this board than rj ever has. The board becomes worse if rj sticks around and they disappear.

2) the board would be much more readable if rj and the rj haters didn't pick fights with each other all the time
3) rj will not stop posting the way he does, and there is a group of people that is highly entertained by poking him and getting a reaction, and they will not stop doing that either.
4) rj said something REAL messed up to Strick but it was buried on a thread on the political board so it didn't get a lot of attention. The mods really should've done a temporary ban for it and it's real fucked up that they didn't.
5) Townie and Strick bring way, way, way more to this board than rj ever has. The board becomes worse if rj sticks around and they disappear.

After HUNDREDS And HUNDREDS of personal attacks and insults by Strick, I hit back after a series of bad ones. Unlike him, after I posted it, I apologized. I have offered to take it down. He won't even consider that his hundreds of personal insults are a wrong thing to do.

He has called me dozens and dozens of names and made numerous personal insults towards me about THIS SUBJEC T. He can't even admit he was wrong to do that.

But ANY amount intense personal insults me and my life are OK with you.

RE:#1- I post this way because of the non-stop personal attacks on me. If you don't want to see that, ask them to stop as well. But don't bitch when I go off on them if you don't demand the same of them.

This issue is a PERFECT EXAMPLE of what I said. For over a year, I've have been under tremendous personal attack about something they knew nothing about and were 100% WRONG. Yet not a single one of them, other than Sig, have admitted it or apologized for their behavior.

Again, you have no problem with their calling me every name in the book which is totally hypocritical.

There could be peace on the board TONIGHT. I have NO INTEREST in this bullshit, but I will hold people accountable for their words and deeds. That's what pisses them off the most.

I can be the board's teddy bear and favorite uncle. It's 100% up to them.

Strick and Townie, don’t leave. You guys add to the board.

rj, don’t leave. Just post 50% less. You don’t have to have an opinion on everything.

Strick and Townie, don’t leave. You guys add to the board.

rj, don’t leave. Just post 50% less. You don’t have to have an opinion on everything.

Why don't you ask them and others not to relentlessly insult me and attack me? That would fix everything.

I have absolutely no interest in being a dick to anyone. But if you are dick to me, I'll will do the same to you.

Why don't you ask those who foment the hate and attacks to stop? This is VERY simple question. I'm willing to do it. Why can't others meet me halfway?

So my my post was "completely inaccurate" because you are 69? Makes total sense

Cancel Culture: OGBoards Edition

#makerjgreen

Why don't you ask them and others not to relentlessly insult me and attack me? That would fix everything.

I have absolutely no interest in being a dick to anyone. But if you are dick to me, I'll will do the same to you.

Why don't you ask those who foment the hate and attacks to stop? This is VERY simple question. I'm willing to do it. Why can't others meet me halfway?

you’ve been a dick since the rancho de nada days

Sent rj a message about this already but I’m just gonna self ban anyway. Truly don’t care about if he was right or not. Don’t wanna be a part of a community where he can post. Go Deacs.

Should we all just go over to the Kentucky boards. I think RJ was banned from there. It can be our new Tulane.

Back