• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

Yes its not a ton of leverage but it is some if Manning enjoys coaching.

This is a great point. People acting like WF has no leverage and DM has no reason to negotiate, but the one thing we have is we can prevent him from coaching for the duration of the deal if he’s going to insist on being paid the whole thing.

Yes its not a ton of leverage but it is some if Manning enjoys coaching.

I think it's a pretty big assumption that the contract doesn't already state those conditions of the buyout.

I love how so many people are commenting on Manning’s contract, how Wake should proceed given that contract, without having the first fucking clue is actually in the contract.

Currie shutting down questions about basketball reeks of litigation or potential litigation. Chaundee's abrupt "anywhere but Wake" decision reeks of Manning telling him he won't be coaching at Wake next year.

I love how so many people are commenting on Manning’s contract, how Wake should proceed given that contract, without having the first fucking clue is actually in the contract.

It makes no sense not to fire Manning save for some huge buyout. So, people are thinking, there must be some obscene buyout, as has been reported.

But sometimes it is certainly true that the less people know about something, the stronger their opinions are on the matter. And there is plenty of evidence on these boards of that.

I am now of the opinion that we should fire Manning today and we should NOT hire an elite replacement.

Honestly, if the choices are status quo vs. some collection of ex-players (Chill, Downey, Howard, Gray) as interim coaching collective, I would watch the latter, not the former.

These are strange times and perhaps the best case scenario for next year - assuming games - is to see what a bunch of ex-players could do on an interim basis. They get paid 200,000 per year which is more or comparable to what they get paid now (except Chill) and earn some experience.

It’s sports dude. What’s the fucking point of talking about college aged boys you don’t personally know trying to throw a ball through a sphere, other than to speculate wildly about shit? Lighten up.

Currie should spend less time posting screenshots of his Zoom chats and more time finding some buyout money. No one is impressed that he's still doing a minor part of his job remotely.

Forget fixing our basketball mess, Currie leading a zoom meeting reminding his coaches to fill out their TPS reports is why he earns the big bucks.

everyone does Zoom meetings/social gatherings now. it's become boring to see people post screenshots of them.

Honestly I just can’t believe there has not been anything from Currie on the Manning issue, one way or another. He is fucking this up, a la UT.

Wake is much different then a school with 40k students per year. You can’t lose 1/3 of the fan base, it will take a long time to replace. Maybe if we get good agin they will come back? Big gamble.

The only thing that's going to make people happy is Currie coming out and saying that Manning's been relieved is the Wake Forest coach.

Another week down with no progress (other than the obligatory transfer). We're closing in on a full year of Currie impotence. Fuck you Currie, you useless hack!

Love Clawson and da Luz’s beards.

We’ve got some attractive women coaches.

Didn’t somebody say Manning wasn’t in this Zoom meeting?

Regarding Chaundee brown, not only are we losing him at his peak level, we are also losing a significant piece that we could show to a new coach to persuade him Wake is worth the challenge ahead. Almost a full year in the job for Currie and somehow , someway our basketball program is now even worse off than when wellman was in charge. Hands up , who guessed that?

Think they were referring to the staff meeting yesterday.
https://twitter.com/John_Currie/status/1250820058864992256

Keep in mind, there were 227 people on that call, so the fact that Manning didn't show up as one of the 75 shown in the screen shots is meaningless. People want to believe Currie is playing 4D chess, but he's not. He's just ducking questions and avoiding the issue, hoping that it will just go away in all of this Covid mess.

Back