• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

I agree with The Reff 100% When I was at Wake I often said that those faculty and administrators who complain about the role of sports at WFU, have no idea how important Wake being in the ACC is. There are literally hundreds o;f really good small liberal arts schools in this country that few people have heard about. Why? because they do not play Div 1 Power 5 sports. When I first came to Wake as a student from the North East, most at my high school thought I was going to a school in Illinois. Wake's emergence as a top 30 national university is tied to us being in the ACC and getting that publicity. If we do not remain competitive there will be calls to have us removed from the conference and if that happens you will see us fall in the national ratings.

The ACC charter says that one of the few reasons for expulsion of a member school is that the school no longer participates in a sport required for conference membership. I guess you could make the argument that Wake is no longer participating in MBB. But I doubt you’d get the required 3/4s of member schools to vote to remove us.

IIf we do not remain competitive there will be calls to have us removed from the conference and if that happens you will see us fall in the national ratings.

No there won’t be. Other schools are not going to vote out an easy win you dolt. Every conference needs a doormat and they don’t want to be it.

No there won’t be. Other schools are not going to vote out an easy win you dolt. Every conference needs a doormat and they don’t want to be it.
While that's possibly true, we're still a popular choice to jettison amongst some chunks of ACC *fanbases.*
Most notably fans of some former Big East schools and certain football factories located in states to the south of North Carolina.

While that's possibly true, we're still a popular choice to jettison amongst some chunks of ACC *fanbases.*
Most notably fans of some former Big East schools and certain football factories located in states to the south of North Carolina.

The only shutout in their own stadium will sting for a long time.

I’ve never understand how a CC in Illinois became so well known throughout the Midwest and Northeast that it was more well known than a charter ACC program.

The only shutout in their own stadium will sting for a long time.
Yup
8bb4f23ac90893ae98dfb23f2464e3d8.gif

I could be wrong, but I believe Lake Forest is a four year school. I had the same experience as Bud in that my HS classmates and teachers thought I was going to Illinois.

Damn right. No one has ever heard of Brown because they suck at football.

While you are trying to be sarcastic, you are basically proving his point. The only reason people have heard of Brown is because they are in the Ivy League. And no, the Ivy League wouldn't want us either.

And happy Wednesday, fuck you John Currie!

You are right about most of the administration not liking sports or capitalism. Rogan Kersh and his ilk can't stand the Ferrell business complex because it is the one academic site on campus that brings in the big money and has the best major in all the country--the 5 year Masters of Accountancy where our grads top out the scores every year nationally! They would rather have it be the bland liberal artsy type majors that bring in no money to most folks out in the business world unless they can then go to law school or med school. These types have also never seen the correlation between numbers of increase in applications during the Duncan ACC title years or Jim Grobe ACC football title years. Those pinheads don't realize that if we were not in the ACC, their salaries would be at Furman or Richmond level and not at Duke & Davidson levels.
We don't have capitalism so your argument is dead first sentence.

I could be wrong, but I believe Lake Forest is a four year school. I had the same experience as Bud in that my HS classmates and teachers thought I was going to Illinois.

I think by "cc" he may have been referring to "commuter school".
But same here; never understood why people had never heard of WFU.

Where is the legal stuff behind the scenes talk coming from? I havent seen anybody on here saying for certain that is the case.

Haha. You asking others where is the certainty? That's rich. Have we gotten to a place where we simply aren't self reflective???

You know when our Prez castigates the WHO for not seeing this pandemic coming and we all slap our foreheads as it seems like he has no idea that he is totally projecting? That's me with you on this.

Last edited:

There will never be a serious movement to kick us out of the ACC unless we literally fold up shop and stop fielding teams in required sports.

Finally dePheated. Lake Forest College is hardly a community college. Surprised someone in academia would not know that.

Stewart Mandel fielded a question in his mailbag this week about relegating 4 P5 teams and promoting 4 group of 5 teams. guess who got relegated along with Vandy, Oregon State, and Kansas?

Interesting Virtual Lunch with AD Currie and head football coach Clawson at 1:00 today. Many interesting questions besides what books they have both read. Coach Claw is on the ACC advisory board along with Football Commissioner Michael Strickland and several other head coaches that meet at least weekly by conference call or Zoom call to go over how we will be able to get back to having college football this fall. They are discussing the parameters as to when it will be safe at the campuses for not only the students to return in the fall but to have their players to return safely over a month before the students do for practice. Lots more discussions ahead before we will know if we will be playing in September.

Stewart Mandel fielded a question in his mailbag this week about relegating 4 P5 teams and promoting 4 group of 5 teams. guess who got relegated along with Vandy, Oregon State, and Kansas?

I'm assuming this is football criteria?

Back