• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

Another crucial day gone by without doing anything to fix wake basketball. Currie is a failure

I've met Currie a couple times in passing and he isn't a Wellman clone, in my opinion. He's intense, seems to be passionate about winning on every field and court.

I'm going to hold out optimism that he's going to get this done for all of us. When he does, it's going to be a great day in Winston-Salem

Last edited:
I've met Currie a couple times in passing and he isn't a Wellman clone, in my opinion. He's intense, seems to be passionate about winning on every field and court.

I'm going to hold out of optimism that he's going to get this done for all of us. When he does, it's going to be a great day in Winston-Salem

NO NO NO NO NO!! Fuck John Currie! He is a failure. No matter what he does from here on, he will always be a failure. I don’t care if he hires the ghost of John Wooden tomorrow. If you don’t believe that and are not railing against him everyday on the FUCK YOU, JOHN CURRIE thread, you are an enabler. You’ve been justifying everything he’s done since May.

What are the negatives? I listed what I see as the positives.

Lost recruiting year. Probably two. Would kids sign on with a coach they know will be gone.

Two rounds of departures. One when coach is fired. Another when new permanent coach is hired after interim year.

Players needing to learn three systems in three years. May not get "buy in" to interim coach's system. Can they? Will they?

Some fans will not want to bother watching an interim team. (Some won't anyway).

We got a lost a recruiting year, had a lack of system development and had no fans by keeping Manning.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised. Not even feeling angry. I'm just tired of caring.

Lost recruiting year. Probably two. Would kids sign on with a coach they know will be gone.

Two rounds of departures. One when coach is fired. Another when new permanent coach is hired after interim year.

Players needing to learn three systems in three years. May not get "buy in" to interim coach's system. Can they? Will they?

Some fans will not want to bother watching an interim team. (Some won't anyway).

We already lost a recruiting year by keeping Manning. And with a true interim everyone knows that they are only there for a limited amount of time, so the departures isn't unexpected. Players wouldn't need to learn 3 systems- an interim coach knows he's not there to install his system, he is just going to make the best of the talent he has. And Wake averaged the smallest attendance ever in LJVM, I would think that having a different coach, even an interim, would have generated more excitement than we had this year.

An interim coach would most likely hurt attendance even more. It would the university telling the fans they didn't care about this year. Why should they buy tickets?

We have some good players. There would be zero point in them staying and sleepwalking through next year.

With a good coach, we might be able to get a good grad transfer like Bruner. If everyone stays and we added him. we could challenge and probably make The Dance.

An interim coach could have worked in January, it would be a disaster to have one for a full year.

An interim coach would most likely hurt attendance even more. It would the university telling the fans they didn't care about this year. Why should they buy tickets?

We have some good players. There would be zero point in them staying and sleepwalking through next year.

With a good coach, we might be able to get a good grad transfer like Bruner. If everyone stays and we added him. we could challenge and probably make The Dance.

An interim coach could have worked in January, it would be a disaster to have one for a full year.

No one is talking about an interim for this year! The original point was that if Currie wanted to show he wasn't a Wellman clone, he should have fired him in May and brought in an interim like Odom, or made Nestor interim for a year.

Wake already told the fans that they didn't care about last season on the day they announced Manning's return. An interim would have shown that Currie does care about Wake basketball and won't tolerate a coach who is the biggest loser in Wake basketball history.

No one is talking about an interim for this year! The original point was that if Currie wanted to show he wasn't a Wellman clone, he should have fired him in May and brought in an interim like Odom, or made Nestor interim for a year.

Wake already told the fans that they didn't care about last season on the day they announced Manning's return. An interim would have shown that Currie does care about Wake basketball and won't tolerate a coach who is the biggest loser in Wake basketball history.

Ding ding ding. Schools in m f'er.

You've said you have a source on the level of Currie or Hatch and that he's gone. And then you post this.

lol

It must really suck to be you. Otherwise, you wouldn't have to hate so much and stretch to find a strained gotcha.

Maybe someday, you'll do something or someone to create life and memories.

You don't put an interim for an entire season barring something happening to the coach. It would have been a rookie move. He would have looked like an amateur.

Maybe someday, you'll do something or someone to create life and memories.

Or, if you get old and haven't done anything or anyone, maybe you'll make up stories about yourself and self publish them in a book!

You don't put an interim for an entire season barring something happening to the coach. It would have been a rookie move. He would have looked like an amateur.

Instead he looks like a puppet who has no actual authority and has to do whatever his predecessor says.

Back