• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

This is a great day and it is long overdue. Good on Currie for doing it. I didn't think it was going to happen. It does seem that if there is no buyout, then 2&2 was the only poster on this board wise enough to call for that :cool: . Now let's not sit around sucking each other dicks though as Mr. Wolf said in Pulp Fiction. The job is only half done. Now Currie has to deliver a top shelf coach and we are the only game in town so there is no excuse not to.

THANK YOU FOR DOING YOUR JOB JOHN CURRIE

The buyout never mattered. Manning staying this year was Ron saying FU to Wake one last time on his way out because he was "encouraged" to retire.

Speaking of FU... STFU, 2&2!

That makes no sense. Why would the admin approve a contact drafted to give them the middle finger by a man they were essentially firing.

I'm not giving him credit for doing the basic function of his job a year too late. I'm happy Manning is allegedly gone, but it doesn't make Currie a hero for doing what he should have done a year ago. The money has been there for months. He may have lost it due to the Kung Flu and had to scramble to get it back, but that is his fault for waiting.

LOOK AT ME! NOTHING CAN KEEP ME FROM MY BITTERNESS!

You know Leyritz, you missed your calling. You should have been a bad comedian so you could get booed and tared and feathered every night and then get drunk/stoned/zonkered afterwards.

That makes no sense. Why would the admin approve a contact drafted to give them the middle finger by a man they were essentially firing.

Timeline:

Nov 2017 - Manning Extended
March 2019 - Ron Wellman announces he will "retire" on May 1st
April 2019 - Manning retained for 2020 season with final decision by Ron Wellman
May 1st, 2019 - Currie gains full control of AD
Spring 2020 - Currie fires Manning after first basketball season as full AD.

Brews, don't be bothered by the hoi polloi. We know what we knew. When we knew it and how we knew it.

The rest is mess and noise.

Timeline:

April 2019 - Manning retained for 2020 season with final decision by Ron Wellman

Nov 2018 - Hatch approaches Wellman about “retiring” in Spring 2019, a year before his contract is up

Brews, don't be bothered by the hoi polloi. We know what we knew. When we knew it and how we knew it.

The rest is mess and noise.

It doesn't matter. What we know is that Danny Manning won't get $15 Million, John Currie fired him at the first possible moment, and that 2&2 says Coronavirus is a hoax but won't go outside for a few weeks. These are the facts!

Timeline:

Inconceivable that Wellman actually had the ability to make the final decision. He has a boss.

It doesn't matter. What we know is that Danny Manning won't get $15 Million, John Currie fired him at the first possible moment, and that 2&2 says Coronavirus is a hoax but won't go outside for a few weeks. These are the facts!

He could go out sooner if he drank some bleach.

Am I the only one who still hasn't swiped away the ESPN Alert announcement of the firing yet!?

I just love opening up my phone and seeing it first thing! LOLOLOLOLOLO

When he finally shuts up.

You must be new here. He hasn't shut up for 20 years. He's not going to stop posting until he is physically or mentally incapable of operating a device to access the boards. Responding to him just allows him to hijack threads and make them about himself.

45 days after our last game is not exactly the first possible moment

You must be new here. He hasn't shut up for 20 years. He's not going to stop posting until he is physically or mentally incapable of operating a device to access the boards. Responding to him just allows him to hijack threads and make them about himself.
I'm not new. I'm well aware.

Back