• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Alondes Williams = Josh Howard

berneses

Reaction score
ManMan reminds me so much of Josh. Very Similar games. It's just astonishing how good ManMan has played in the last two games.

Yep. J-Ho was a beast defensively as well. He had a Rodmanesque knack for knocking the ball loose and wasn't afraid to throw the ball at someone's balls when falling out of bounds.

Didn't he absolutely drill Shavelik in the head once? Maybe not the head, but I remember getting very fired up about that.

Williams is a good player, but he’s not in Josh Howard’s league. Not during his senior season anyway. Unanimous ACCPOY, long NBA career, All-Star at least once.

Williams is a good player, but he’s not in Josh Howard’s league. Not during his senior season anyway. Unanimous ACCPOY, long NBA career, All-Star at least once.

If Williams plays like this in the league, then he’s likely to be ACC POY.

Ahead of all the Dukies?

Yes. If he’s getting triple doubles and dropping 26+ppg in the league then we would likely finish top 3. Coming off our last decade, how can you not pile on the awards?

Dang, Pilch caught some shrapnel on Twitter today.

Last edited:
I think Alondes and Josh are similar in that they are/were both on teams with a lot of younger unproven talent and they put the team on their backs to make the sum of the parts greater than the individual pieces.

Josh was defense first and evolved into an offensive force. I think Alondes is just our first Alondes and hopefully 5 years from now we can point to him as the spark that got our program back on track.

Yeah. The first Alondes. This program hasn’t had a wing with good size who is a three level scorer and can pass. Our great scorers have been undersized guards or bigs with some spot up shooters mixed in.

well-that-escalated-quickly-11.png

I responded to Moneymanman15 and conceded that I am an idiot....

Not doubting Moneymanman any more.

Crazy. Feel like I have done my job to provide the motivation for the Deacs' 10-1 start. I am taking all credit for that. Time for someone else to step in.

Oh no Pilchard don't doxx yourself. You don't have to go out this way

Well by that logic Carter Whitt is about to light shit up for the rest of the year.

Maybe we can move on to talking about how Marsh just doesn't seem to have the "it" factor to become a legitimate ACC player?

Back