• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Alondes Williams = Josh Howard

NGL I very much dig the suit

Oh, I do too, but all these people on OGBoards and the Twitterverse could turn him into the world's most famous meme for 15 minutes because we're in a pandemic and everyone's bored.

Not to nitpick but i see them as completely different players. Josh was an incredibly long athletic 3 that could defend with the best and became a great offensive player as he used his length and athleticism to create his own shots as well as became a strong 3 point shooter as he developed. Manman on the other hand is just an incredible big and strong 2 guard with great athleticism and shooting ability that can just abuse the defender by using his body whereas Josh used his length. Manman creates such headaches as there are few guards that can handle his height and build as well if you sag he will hit the 3. But as mentioned no where near the defender although i'm sure that will improve under forbes.

Big Alondes fan, but this is a close, but not quite, comparison to me.

Alondes looks a little more like Gary Trent, Jr., Norman Powell, Tim Hardaway, Jr. to me. Those guys are studs in the NBA and I think Alondes has a shot, too.

DeShawn Stevenson was a thicker guy at about 6'5, and Alondes has sort of a similar game and frame to me (maybe add 15 pounds) to Stevenson, who was also a solid NBA baller.

Josh Howard was just a different dude all together. Really were lucky to have him at WFU, even though he had 2 of the biggest WF Fan Misery "what if" moments of all time (Oregon NCAA game with the ankle and #5 Cincinnatti home game with the ankle).

The Skip story riding around Winston with J-Ho and more...

Not to nitpick but i see them as completely different players. Josh was an incredibly long athletic 3 that could defend with the best and became a great offensive player as he used his length and athleticism to create his own shots as well as became a strong 3 point shooter as he developed. Manman on the other hand is just an incredible big and strong 2 guard with great athleticism and shooting ability that can just abuse the defender by using his body whereas Josh used his length. Manman creates such headaches as there are few guards that can handle his height and build as well if you sag he will hit the 3. But as mentioned no where near the defender although i'm sure that will improve under forbes.

This, too.

I compared Alondes and Josh only in the way that they are putting the team on their backs and refusing to lose. Their games have similarities and differences, but Alondes is playing a simile role leadership wise as Josh did in 2003.

Alondes has looked capable of carrying the team all season. He proved capable against VMI. Hope we don't have to find out against stiffer competition. Laravia shows signs of that ability.

The Deacs also showed their defense is capable of shutting down an opponent with the game on the line. VMI scored on one of the final twelve possessions in the game. That's elite. Badass, shutdown defense is now available when needed.

The team now has evidence of two new weapons in their arsenal. Thinking it is one thing. Doing it is an entirely different matter. They did it.

Last edited:
Who is the last Deac to average close to 10/5/5? Alondes is at 19.8/6.5/4.8. I don’t think anybody has in my time as a Wake fan. I looked up a few I thought could have gotten close none were.

Bryant Crawford averaged 16.2/3.8/5.5 his sophomore year. LaRavia is the second closest right now at 14.8/5.7/2.9.

And Alondes hasn't had the local legendary newspaper writer make him look like an uneducated hayseed yet.

Turned out Josh was actually right about Iraq and the local “legendary” newspaper writer just wanted to turn people against him at a critical moment which is exactly what happened.

Yep. It was a spiteful ugly thing for a local writer to do. But success is the best revenge. Josh had a good NBA career, he's still a local legend, and he's a college coach.

Who is the last Deac to average close to 10/5/5? Alondes is at 19.8/6.5/4.8. I don’t think anybody has in my time as a Wake fan. I looked up a few I thought could have gotten close none were.

Bryant Crawford averaged 16.2/3.8/5.5 his sophomore year. LaRavia is the second closest right now at 14.8/5.7/2.9.

Ish Smith averaged 13.2 ppg, 6.0 apg, and 4.9 rpg his senior year. CP3 averaged 15.3/6.6/4.5.

Back