• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Alumni Engagement Survey - OPPORTUNITY TO GIVE FEEDBACK RE. [Redacted] HIRE

However, those people that bought seats in Deacon Tower or donate money at the Monocle Society level must feel similar to Bernie Madoff's victims
147311_1.jpg

Like the Madoff comparison. Lots of good responses so far.

Finally got mine. They don't care that I'm a non giver. Sweet. Can't wait to voice my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Listed myself as a giver (true) and wrote:

I would give a lot more if Ron Wellman and Jeff [Redacted] hadn't destroyed our basketball program. It saddens me to reflect on how much my affection for, and emotional embrace with, WF has diminished in light of what has transpired over the last 3+ years. During my undergraduate career, the men's basketball program was an absolutely indispensable part of my collegiate experience and the shared identity of the Wake student body. I can't even begin to estimate when -- if ever -- the campus and our alumni base will ever re-achieve that level of passion and enthusiasm.

My summary:

My wife and I are grads and love Wake.

We'll be back as donors & ticket buyers when the AD is held responsible for the [Redacted] clustereff & continuing to put up with Lobo.

www.firebz.com

Mine:

"Since my older brother first attended Wake Forest (I was 13 at the time) I have been a Wake Forest fan. My love began with sports, continued with my education while at Wake, and now resides mainly in following our sports teams. As someone who has been a basketball fan his whole life and even coached college basketball for a few years, it has been very disheartening watching our program flounder the past 3 years. If this survey is directed at the determining factors of this alumnus' engagement level, then I feel I must inform you that the ineptitude of of our current coach combined with the complete lack of accountability from our athletic director directly impacts my level of engagement with Wake Forest.

I used to arrange my schedule around watching every Wake game on TV, now I make almost no effort. It is difficult to see something that you love being dismantled before your eyes as the coach and athletic attempt to convince you that this was all some grand plan. I know basketball, I have a Division II national championship ring and have 2 years Division I coaching experience. We are not a good team, we are not setting ourselves up to be a good program, and our AD either does not realize this or is selling a huge lie.

I love Wake Forest, I will be a fan no matter what, but until [Redacted] is gone (and at this point Wellman) I have pretty much checked out on our athletic program which is the one major factor in retaining the interest level of alumni. I apologize for the sharpness of the letter. I truly want what is best for Wake, and hope this letter is conveyed in its proper tone: a tone of sadness."

I forgot to add something in the comments as just quickly completed it at work. Looks like I can fill it out again though so will try to submit with comments this time.

I basically said I was embarrassed by the state of our mens bball program, etc.

Boom goes the dynamite! Sure hope these survey responses help!

Guess whatever we can continue to do to bring light to the current unsatisfactory bball situation to the higher ups at Mother So Dear couldn't hurt! (i.e., banging heads against the wall, etc...):tard:

I plan on emailing Kelly Meachum, the sender of the survey, to ask when she'll make the results available. It's extraordinarily rude to ask people to participate in a survey only to fail to provide them the results.

I plan on emailing Kelly Meachum, the sender of the survey, to ask when she'll make the results available. It's extraordinarily rude to ask people to participate in a survey only to fail to provide them the results.

Great idea. Thanks.

I worked in University Advancement for my work study. You realize that it will be some college sophmore who reads these responses. No one else.

No way that Mike Ford will bother himself with this.

I worked in University Advancement for my work study. You realize that it will be some college sophmore who reads these responses. No one else.

That's fine. if what you said above is true then it helps strengthen my continuing disillusionment with Wake. My time is worth money. So if I take the time to fill this out I anticipate someone should gave a small shit what I responded. If you haven't noticed, there aren't a ton of us alums floating around on every corner. And I agree with 94, I will await the results of the survey. It is rude to ask of my time and not let me know the results.

It takes 5 minutes to fill out. The more rational, unemotional, sane voices that speak out against our current predicament the better.

It takes 5 minutes to fill out. The more rational, unemotional, sane voices that speak out against our current predicament the better.

I'm assuming that was directed to me. I was quite rational in my reply to the survey. No reason for you to be a prick about it. I'm allowed to vent on a message board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I wasn't directing it at anyone. Just encouraging people to do the same. Sry for the confusion.

mine said, "The Day that [Redacted] and Wellman finally and deservedly lose their jobs will truly be a day for Wake Foresters to roll the quad. Until that day I have no interested in supporting Wake Forest financially."

I just got the "Its your 10 year reunion - give us money" email as well.

My response: Fire Ron Wellman and you have my money

Back