• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

alumni.wfu.edu emails

towelie99

Reaction score
so this migrated to gmail last week. tried to log in to the gmail link and i have no idea what my password is

has anyone else had this issue and how do you reset your password?

I sent a password reset request before... Don't think I've heard back.

Just FYI - I don't when they migrated to the new alumni site, but apparently the default settings was to make all your info public, including address and phone number.

I also cannot login with my old password, which makes me mad because it was my original randomly generated WFU login password from more than 20 years ago which I'd miraculously remembered for all that time.

I glanced at all the stuff they sent me about this but don't remember being told we had to get new passwords. Also, does anyone know how this works if you already have a gmail account? Do they just create a brand new one for you, so now I'm going to have two gmail accounts?

I have some passwords that I use for multiple accounts, and I was able to log in with one of those, so for me it wasn't a new password. I just logged in and set it to forward any emails to my normal gmail account, so I'll probably never log in again.

My alumni email address is set as primary on facebook, so some sites and subscriptions that are "sign in through facebook" send emails to my alumni.wfu account.

The nice perk with it is unlimited Google Drive storage.

Except they don't work... Anyone having any luck with their reset link? End of last week it didn't do anything, now it behaves a little differently but still doesn't work for my account.

Except they don't work... Anyone having any luck with their reset link? End of last week it didn't do anything, now it behaves a little differently but still doesn't work for my account.

It worked fine for me. Sent me my account name and a link to reset the password to my registered personal address. Took about 15 minutes for the new password to replicate.

Yeah, none of this works for me. I'm pretty sure I know my WIN password too because I still use my Wake laptop from time to time and have to log on but I can't get in to WIN.

Yeah, none of this works for me. I'm pretty sure I know my WIN password too because I still use my Wake laptop from time to time and have to log on but I can't get in to WIN.

I think that means your WIN password expired/needed a reset that it never got, but still works locally for your machine (as it should).

my stinkpad is at my parents house; it still turns on, but I cannot for the life of me remember my password to log in and access anything (photos, mainly). is there any way to bypass the password (or reset it without knowing my current password) so I can use the damn thing?

my stinkpad is at my parents house; it still turns on, but I cannot for the life of me remember my password to log in and access anything (photos, mainly). is there any way to bypass the password (or reset it without knowing my current password) so I can use the damn thing?

If you just want the files, you can pull the HD out and connect it up to another laptop/computer with a USB adapter.

If you just want the files, you can pull the HD out and connect it up to another laptop/computer with a USB adapter.

Or load Ubuntu or something onto a cheap USB stick and boot into it to transfer files from the internal hard drive to a USB hard drive.

Pretty sure the only emails that are sent to my alumni.wfu.edu account are emails from Wake Forest.

Pretty sure the only emails that are sent to my alumni.wfu.edu account are emails from Wake Forest.

The only other thing I've used it for is registering for Facebook, back when you needed a .edu address.

Back