• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ambien: truth serum?

No love for Excedrin PM?

it's just benadryl tacked on to tylenol. Unless you need the Tylenol part of the medication for a headache or something, you'd save yourself some cash by just buying benadryl.

My fiance is on Ambien. As someone else mentioned, so only takes it when she is already getting into bed. It works well for her. She has a lot of trouble sleeping naturally, and it's made worse by some of the other medication she's on. Nothing crazy, just makes it hard for her to sleep through the night.

She still sometimes will wake up around 3 or 4 am, even on Ambien, and just be "up" at that point.

Only odd thing that happens is she'll go to bed around 10:30, take an ambien, but I won't be in bed yet. I'll be up watching a game or playing Xbox or something, and I'll come to bed around midnight. She'll sit up and we'll have entire, lucid, in-depth conversations that she has NO memory of the next day. Of course, more fun is when we have completely non-sensical, in-depth conversations that she does not remember. Those are my favorite. Like when she was asking me about Yoda and killing some warriors one night.

My fiance is on Ambien. As someone else mentioned, so only takes it when she is already getting into bed. It works well for her. She has a lot of trouble sleeping naturally, and it's made worse by some of the other medication she's on. Nothing crazy, just makes it hard for her to sleep through the night.

She still sometimes will wake up around 3 or 4 am, even on Ambien, and just be "up" at that point.

Only odd thing that happens is she'll go to bed around 10:30, take an ambien, but I won't be in bed yet. I'll be up watching a game or playing Xbox or something, and I'll come to bed around midnight. She'll sit up and we'll have entire, lucid, in-depth conversations that she has NO memory of the next day. Of course, more fun is when we have completely non-sensical, in-depth conversations that she does not remember. Those are my favorite. Like when she was asking me about Yoda and killing some warriors one night.

so, in theory, you could PIITB with no consequence.

I won't touch it. I've had friends who took Ambien ride bicycles, make long-distance phone calls (DWI-Dialing While Intoxicated), and hallucinate bugs and snakes. Read the fine print in the warning insert. Congressman Patrick Kennedy was taking Ambien when he crashed his car while sleep-driving.

Ask your doctor for a prescription for Restoril. No hangover at all. Just be in bed when you take it. A friend of mine decided to whack off after taking a Restoril and passed out with his wanger in his hand. Housemates caught him on camera.

The last time i took it I found a 7:30 minute long video in my iPhone 48 hours later of me absolutely tripping balls. Had zero memory of it. I'm wandering around my house in a weird outfit narrating my trip. It's hilarious and terrifying but I haven't taken the med since.

Still have the video though...

Embed that shit!

Raleigh -- you will get so much mod pos rep if you actually go through with it. Don't punk out on us now.

I'll take the blame. I have no problem with being the prick.

(see what I did there?)

very interesting medication. It's commonly used still because it is purely a sleep medicine (and it's generic now, I think). Many of the things people use for sleep (trazadone, benadryl, klonopin) aren't truly designed for sleep, but just have drowsiness as a side effect. It is also non-addictive. As a physician I would feel more comfortable giving you something designed specifically for your problem that is non-addictive than giving you something that is addictive (klonopin, etc) and merely has drowsiness as a side effect. But the stories starting to come out about it are interesting to say the least.

I wonder if the other available sleep medications (lunesta, sonata) have similar effects as Ambien? I can't really recall the mechanism of action and if they are similar.

As far as the mechanism they all are non benzodiazepines that work on the benzo receptor. I work some crazy night hours and have used both Ambien and Sonata. No crazy shit to report as far as I know.

I have taken ambien for perhaps 8-10 years. There were some crazy experiences in the beginning; but not now. Supposedly it loses its effectiveness after prolonged use and can even cause insomnia; but it still works for me. Actually it gives a bit of an euphoria type sensation...but it doesn't last. I often make the mistake of taking it and staying up for awhile. It should be taken just before attempting to sleep.

The generic is so much cheaper---saves a lot of money.

i love ambien. gives me crazy dreams but when I wake up I have never felt better. although I have heard a lot of crazy stories. It makes me really delirious then I just ptfo.

[nofunguy] This is funny and all, but please don't rape your wife. [/nofunguy]

Back