• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ambien???

The best collegiate team [Redacted] ever coached went to the NIT. The best collegiate team [Redacted] ever built went to the NIT. I would hope someone has told [Redacted] to quit bringing those two teams up or else people will put two and two together.

The best collegiate team [Redacted] ever coached went to the NIT. The best collegiate team [Redacted] ever built went to the NIT. I would hope someone has told [Redacted] to quit bringing those two teams up or else people will put two and two together.

:panda:

And he inherited one of those teams.

The Air Force team that beat us lost in the first round of the NCAAs.

The Air Force team that beat us lost in the first round of the NCAAs.

Not true. The team that beat us started the season 17-1 (only loss being at Duke) and then finished 6-7. The result of what could only be called a late season collapse was a NIT bid for a team that had returned all but two players (1 being a significant contributor) from the previous year's team (which did go to the big one).

Last edited:
Geezus, how long do we have to wait for this coach to actually talk about basketball????? For chrissakes, can anybody ever remember him talking about rebounding, or defense, or turnovers? Ever?

If he's actually gonna "teach" as he calls it, I'd much prefer he just shut up and do it, and prove on the court that we can win some games with him coaching. We're not stupid. There's only so much of these BS interviews people will stand for.

Geezus, how long do we have to wait for this coach to actually talk about basketball????? For chrissakes, can anybody ever remember him talking about rebounding, or defense, or turnovers? Ever?

If he's actually gonna "teach" as he calls it, I'd much prefer he just shut up and do it, and prove on the court that we can win some games with him coaching. We're not stupid. There's only so much of these BS interviews people will stand for.

Jeez, you guys are tough. No Bzz lover here, and agree that talk is cheap. But what is he supposed to say in an interview? Should he just tell Dan, "Sorry DC, I prefer to not opine until we have played Georgia Southern"?

Not true. The team that beat us started the season 17-1 (only loss being at Duke) and then finished 6-7. The result of what could only be called a late season collapse was a NIT bid for a team that had returned all but two players (1 being a significant contributor) from the previous year's team (which did go to the big one).

My bad.... he coached an NCAA team the year before... you were still incorrect saying he never made the tourney.

My bad.... he coached an NCAA team the year before... you were still incorrect saying he never made the tourney.

Where did I say that he never made the tournament? I said the best team he coached (Air Force, 2006-2007) did not make the tournament and the best team he built (Colorado, 2010-2011) did not make the tournament. Do you disagree with either of those statements?

Last edited:
It's a new year and I'm trying to give Bz the benefit of the doubt.

I would have simply preferred he cut off that entire line of questioning by saying, "I'm here to talk about the guys we have here ready to play, not the guys who aren't," and left it at that.

Completely agree!

One comment I heard after the article was published was that Bz has "painted himself into a corner" with his comments contrasting last year and this season. My take was that Dan did him no favors with the way the article was written. Many things were said during media day, and a reporter can certainly influence public reactions based on which quotes are used and how they are positioned. Dan usually goes out of his way to positively position his pieces on WFU. Cant see him doing the same type of article on Grobe that he did here. Wonder what Bz did to irritate Dan?

Where did I say that he never made the tournament? I said the best team he coached (Air Force, 2006-2007) did not make the tournament and the best team he built (Colorado, 2010-2011) did not make the tournament. Do you disagree with either of those statements?

I'd say the best team he coached made the tourney.

Completely agree!

One comment I heard after the article was published was that Bz has "painted himself into a corner" with his comments contrasting last year and this season. My take was that Dan did him no favors with the way the article was written. Many things were said during media day, and a reporter can certainly influence public reactions based on which quotes are used and how they are positioned. Dan usually goes out of his way to positively position his pieces on WFU. Cant see him doing the same type of article on Grobe that he did here. Wonder what Bz did to irritate Dan?

Maybe he's getting tired of BZ's shit as well.

Back