• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

America's Toughest Prison

TheTwinAndreBen

3 stacks
Reaction score
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/29/magazine/inside-americas-toughest-federal-prison.html?_r=0

Didn't really line up with the previous prison threads.

Brutal NYTimes on article solitary confinement and the ADX, America's toughest supermax prison in Florence, CO. Houses Eric Rudolph, the shoebomber, the unibomber, the underwear bomber, and WTC conspirators. Gotta think this might be where the Boston Marathon Bomber ends up as well.

29supermax1-blog427-v2.jpg

29mag-29supermax.t_CA3-articleLarge.jpg

Gotta say that Angola is probably a worse prison to land.

Am I supposed to feel sorry for the inmates that end up there?

Well at least they can share best practices on bomb building.

They have 24 hour solitary, so no they cant.

Im not making any statement on whether these conditions are fair. Certainly the pictured inmates probably dont deserve much humanity, but the article is really about some fairly 'normal' non-violent inmates that found themselves transferred there though sets of crazy circumstances. Its an interesting insight in regard to what we should do with the 'worst of the worst' if we don't kill them.

23 hour solitary, broseph smith. at least for the non-traitor/bomber guy(s) in the article

I would spend the time catching up on my reading. I've got a real bad habit of tsundoku

I have read about this place and it is sick. The inmates are definitely being tortured. Most should have been executed long ago.

Side note: I was doing some reading about Eric Rudolph on Wikipedia and came across a site where someone is publishing his letters and autobiography from jail. They are very fascinating to read. I remember being freaked out about reports of him on the news when I was younger, and I think that everyone around here was a little unnerved that he could be anywhere in North Carolina.

http://www.armyofgod.com/EricRudolphHomepage.html

Last edited:
They have 24 hour solitary, so no they cant.

Im not making any statement on whether these conditions are fair. Certainly the pictured inmates probably dont deserve much humanity, but the article is really about some fairly 'normal' non-violent inmates that found themselves transferred there though sets of crazy circumstances. Its an interesting insight in regard to what we should do with the 'worst of the worst' if we don't kill them.

They are humans. They deserve to be treated humanely by definition.

And yes, I acknowledge that they are just awful, despicable people.

They are humans. They deserve to be treated humanely by definition.

And yes, I acknowledge that they are just awful, despicable people.

How should Jeff bzddelik be treated? If I was a loser like ogbeard I could probably quickly pull a post or 80 where you proposed horrible treatment of him from an archive. Since I'm not I will just make the assertion.

Edited to misspell bzddeliks name to get past the redacted censors on this board where people are supposed to speak freely. About as free as a Moscow politburo

Last edited:
How should Jeff bzddelik be treated? If I was a loser like ogbeard I could probably quickly pull a post or 80 where you proposed horrible treatment of him from an archive. Since I'm not I will just make the assertion.

Edited to misspell bzddeliks name to get past the redacted censors on this board where people are supposed to speak freely. About as free as a Moscow politburo

A few points...

1) I really wish I remembered who was behind this parody just so I could get a few extra laughs.
2) Feel free to pull up anything I said about REDACTED. It isn't like I ever would actually insist on him being harmed (and I'm not sure you would find me saying such things unless it was during a game thread).
3) REDACTED having his named censored is a joke. Everybody knows who [Redacted] is referring to on here. Nobody's opinion is being quashed as a result of said joke. What a sham of an assertion you made. No chance you thought any rational person would take it seriously, which is probably why you made it under your parody account...
4) And lastly, post under your real boards name and stop using the screen name that you originally used to mock buckets. You kind of come across as a wussy doing so. And again, I just wish I remembered which poster was affiliated with bullets. Sadly, I do not.

A few points...

1) I really wish I remembered who was behind this parody just so I could get a few extra laughs.
2) Feel free to pull up anything I said about REDACTED. It isn't like I ever would actually insist on him being harmed (and I'm not sure you would find me saying such things unless it was during a game thread).
3) REDACTED having his named censored is a joke. Everybody knows who [Redacted] is referring to on here. Nobody's opinion is being quashed as a result of said joke. What a sham of an assertion you made. No chance you thought any rational person would take it seriously, which is probably why you made it under your parody account...
4) And lastly, post under your real boards name and stop using the screen name that you originally used to mock buckets. You kind of come across as a wussy doing so. And again, I just wish I remembered which poster was affiliated with bullets. Sadly, I do not.

All very good points. I am unfortunately a parody without a real board name. My need to mock bullets is paramount so I exist only in that capacity. I am also an Internet tough guy or a wussy to say it more eloquently like you have.

I know you wish no harm against Jeff. My feigned outrage at the false censorship was intended as a joke. It certainly wasnt funny though.

You have helped me understand the pitfalls of the downward spiral I have been on here in cyberspace. I think this may be my cue to exit and return to my mundane role of speculating in the movements of the Vietnamese dong.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/13/us/dzhokhar-tsarnaev-supermax-prison/index.html

"The Supermax is life after death," said Hood, who served as ADX warden from 2002 to 2005. "It's long term. ... In my opinion, it's far much worse than death."

A buddy of mine agrees with this. He has helped put some people in there and has visited the prison a few times. When the search for OBL was going on he said he didn't want him dead, he wanted him in ADX.

Back