• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

America's Toughest Prison

lots of TAB haters on this board

Isn't bullets buckets' fat friend from wake?

Just finished the article. Sounds like many of those guys shouldn't be in 23 hour long down and don't deserve to be in that hell hole. Wow.

Hell of an article.

ETA: Dude ate his own finger after self-amputating it with a Bic razor in a bowl of Ramen noodles, and his concern was no longer being a vegetarian...maybe I'm not crazy...

I don't know where you draw the line between protecting society and cruel and unusual punishment. Society includes other prisoners as well. If someone has killed inmates in other prisons, you don't have many options, if any, other than solitary confinement. Likewise, terrorists that have killed hundreds (or tried to) would likely kill again. If you don't put someone to death, but need to keep them away from all others, this sounds about like what you need. And it sounds awful, but frankly, it's far better than the fate that met their victims.

It seems strange to me to put certain high profile criminals under these conditions.

Is there any indication that the Boston Marathon Bomber's status as a prisoner requires this kind of imprisonment?

The Unabomber I would think would be a model prisoner.

Back