• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

An Evening Celebrating Ron and Linda Wellman

Part of the celebration was realizing you had food poisoning a few hours later.

Another great opportunity for someone to stick a “1 steak per recruit” sign on the buffet table.

giphy.gif

this is perfect Biff!

Yeah my interest in Wake basketball is too low. Wellman Mausoleum is a good idea.

if you've lost the bz-lunch crowd, you've lost everyone*

*doesn't include olds who know (or care) fuck all about sports and it is just a social outing for them

Why would I go watch Hatch and Wellman suck each other's dicks?

Why should you have gone? You might get a lifetime contract with no possible buyout clause.

if you've lost the bz-lunch crowd, you've lost everyone*

*doesn't include olds who know (or care) fuck all about sports and it is just a social outing for them

It was dinner. Also I don’t believe I ever jumped on board anything Redacted related.

There will be something named after him at Wake eventually, like it or not. It’s going to generate money for Wake. That’s ok. He can’t hurt you anymore.

He still is hurting us.

I would decline any invitation. Wellman showed no respect for the vast majority of the Wake Forest community, and therefore, he deserves no respect or recognition from us.

Any chance this is a "red wedding" kind of an event?

You know, without the literal massacre... Maybe just a tarring & feathering?

I can think of about 1 billion things I would rather do this night than attend An evening celebrating Ron Wellman, including getting a root canal and going on a 15 hour roadtrip with Sailor.

I can think of about 1 billion things I would rather do this night than attend An evening celebrating Ron Wellman, including getting a root canal and going on a 15 hour roadtrip with Sailor.

Completely agree although I could see a couple of scenarios where I would go with bells and whistles on. If Danny were to jump out of a cake and yell "Surprise - I finally quit!" or Ronnie boy would man up and announce Danny's firing at the party then it would truly be a great time of celebrating.

It's really a shame at all the great things the man has done for Wake athletics how his complete stubbornness or cluelessness or whatever it was that has lead to Bball's death over last 10 years which will always overshadow the man's legacy.

At least we are top 25 football though so thanks Ronnie for the smart hire of Buddie who made the Clawdawg hire and somewhat lessens the pain of no hope for hoops!

I'm in for $100 if someone will streak this event with "Wellman killed Wake basketball" or some other slogan painted on their torso.

We could probably raise $10,000 real quick. If you are fast you probably won't even get arrested. C'mon some of you younger guys. step up.

I'm in for $100 if someone will streak this event with "Wellman killed Wake basketball" or some other slogan painted on their torso.

We could probably raise $10,000 real quick. If you are fast you probably won't even get arrested. C'mon some of you younger guys. step up.

Think about how many toilets that could buy!

Back