• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

an horable offer to jaybone

So now to defend your own argument you are making up conversations between Wellman and [Redacted]? And then going on to create mythical benchmarks that were agreed to in said non-existent meetings?

Fantastic.

no. the landscape is never ever the same. Your achilles, PH, IMO, is your grasp of the gray area. I know that sounds condescending, and I've typed that in way more condescending ways to you before, but trying not to here.

Since the previous hire, we've had an 8 win season and an 11-15 win season. The ACC is changing by adding two members, but hasn't changed. The Big East is greatly effected. One of the selling points of our job, in the past, has been its relative security compared to most high profile jobs due to Wellman's reputation and the 7+ year tenure of our football and basketball coaches, as well as other coaches in other programs. That would not be the case should we go in a new direction after this season.

Again, doesn't really matter whether you blame Bzd or Wellman or Ari or JTT or Woods or Obama or whomever. But the position Wellman is in right now is way different than two years ago and it will be significantly different in a year and the year after that.

Fair points, but the list of potential coaches is pretty much the same. People we would target this time would be people who most likely got passed over last time. You don't go to the same people who turned down the job 2 years ago and ask them again.

So now to defend your own argument you are making up conversations between Wellman and [Redacted]? And then going on to create mythical benchmarks that were agreed to in said non-existent meetings?

Fantastic.

Then you make them up and we'll compare. I feel like I am one of the people here trying to look at this from the person who is most important/responsible: Wellman. Most everyone else seem to me to look at this from fanboy's perspective, which reads: Whaaaa, whaaaaa, whaaaa. This sucks!

Everyone wants to have their cake and eat it too. We used to wax on about how special Wake Forest was. We didn't cut corners. Student athletes in an era of Florida and Miami and Florida State etc.... But we also want to win. Powerful people within the leadership of Wake Forest and I would guess above Wellman determined that we were leaking away from that slowly from one to the next. Tabb, JTT, Woods, Ari, Walker, Teague, Johnson - they all happened slowly. None are bad people, and for me Johnson should almost be excluded, but Teague and Johnson begat Aminu, Woods and Walker, begat Ari begat Tabb and JTT.

If as a university you are gonna cut that leak, then I would bet a lot of money, as long as the guy you hire to do it stays morally above the fray, you give him a nice long leash to get it done.

That's really the reality. Three years is not that long, and though I don't think bzd is the cure all for the basketball program and I would be surprised he was on the sidelines the next time we are in a Sweet 16 game, I pretty much expect him to meet expectations next year. It's the fourth year I don't. And I only hope Wellman has set the same 4th year expectation as I have. That's probably the year that fan enthusiasm becomes a much bigger variable.

Then you make them up and we'll compare. I feel like I am one of the people here trying to look at this from the person who is most important/responsible: Wellman. Most everyone else seem to me to look at this from fanboy's perspective, which reads: Whaaaa, whaaaaa, whaaaa. This sucks!

Everyone wants to have their cake and eat it too. We used to wax on about how special Wake Forest was. We didn't cut corners. Student athletes in an era of Florida and Miami and Florida State etc.... But we also want to win. Powerful people within the leadership of Wake Forest and I would guess above Wellman determined that we were leaking away from that slowly from one to the next. Tabb, JTT, Woods, Ari, Walker, Teague, Johnson - they all happened slowly. None are bad people, and for me Johnson should almost be excluded, but Teague and Johnson begat Aminu, Woods and Walker, begat Ari begat Tabb and JTT.

If as a university you are gonna cut that leak, then I would bet a lot of money, as long as the guy you hire to do it stays morally above the fray, you give him a nice long leash to get it done.

That's really the reality. Three years is not that long, and though I don't think bzd is the cure all for the basketball program and I would be surprised he was on the sidelines the next time we are in a Sweet 16 game, I pretty much expect him to meet expectations next year. It's the fourth year I don't. And I only hope Wellman has set the same 4th year expectation as I have. That's probably the year that fan enthusiasm becomes a much bigger variable.

Well said but you'll never get through to the wussy fanbois. To whiney, dramatic and self-absorbed.

Back