• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

AND..HERE...WE....GO!!! ESPN Finally targets the fiasco which is WF Basketball

I wonder how many hooligans played on Braces' Rusty League teams.

I think the best part (read: ironic...or sad?) is that a decent number of guys who played under Dino and Skip are appalled that people are blasting Wake and [Redacted], meanwhile the [Redacted] defenders, [Redacted], and the administration is calling them all a bunch of hooligans.

There is so much misinformation in those Braces posts, but the only one I will respond to is to refute her claim that the players like and respect Bz. They may have told her that, or more likely RW told her that, but it is not even close to the truth. DGreen thinks Bz may be the greatest coach ever, but that is it. It took the sophomores a year of poorly run practices, lip service without action, and soul-crushing losses to sway them, but they are now closer to the opinions of the upperclassmen than ever.
Brace yourselves. Transfers are coming...

I think the best part (read: ironic...or sad?) is that a decent number of guys who played under Dino and Skip are appalled that people are blasting Wake and [Redacted], meanwhile the [Redacted] defenders, [Redacted], and the administration is calling them all a bunch of hooligans.

Yeah. That's perplexing. They must think Wellman and Bz are talking about other guys.

One of these days some of our hooligans might decide to talk about their time at Wake. I bet our favorite Trojans could tell a tale or two. One day Dino is your coach and then Coach Buzz. That could give a player a bad case of whiplash.

... and that hooligan Harvey Hale is back this week helping with camp!

Harv was a good guy. I don't recall seeing him do anything remotely bad... Other than inbound passes and three point shooting.

she also seems to forget mo'ron wellman is on record saying the athletic department vets all the recruits (and thus approves of their admittance). guess she really should be appalled that ronnie let everything spiral out of control for so long. the more smoke and mirrors and talk about culture and now worrying about wake running afoul of the ncaa infractions committee... really??... the easier it is to believe that wellman and dino clashed personally and wellman did not like being told "no i need to keep recruiting the best nba talent we can get." if he had said that day one i would at least have some level of respect for him. well, probably not any longer.

Back